Saturday, July 11, 2009

How Convenient on 7-11

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2009
.
.
After only a few hours of sleep today, I was able to wake up n make it to recycling before 1pm to unload six months of plastic bottles n tin cans. I'd wanted to get it done so long ago, but always have trouble getting up in time, on a day without other priories. My work hours make it near impossible for me to get there during the few hours per week they're opened.
.
Finally, a bonus for me- Day Off with warmth n sunshine, awake! Well, not feeling great n rested- but able to take advantage of good conditions. After a couple errands were run I got back to the house n spent an hour resting on the deck reading n getting some sun.
.
I went down the hill n visited awhile with the energetic little ones, who'd gone on a field trip earlier to the back beach for the first time this season finally. After that I was totally tired, but managed another trip to the store to replenish my ice cream supply.
.
I'll have to find a more awake day to get the lawn done...

6 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

What a lovely gift - a warm day off, reading, visiting with little ones and ice cream! I'm glad 7-11 was a good one

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Nifty little planter there.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I think so too, here it's alreasdy almost halfway thru July n I finally had a good day!

G, The folks down the hill have a nice little garden going- It's BBM's Asian Lilly.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Love the picture!

And what kind of ice cream do you eat?

My fave lately is maple walnut. Oh yeah!

At This Very Moment I'm munching a bowl of two Kozy Shack puddings in one. Tapioca and chocolate.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks. I like all natural chocolate best, of course. Sometimes I eat chocolate pudding, with whipped cream- when I can. I've been cutting way back tho. Luckily I've been okay with lactose foods- really like them!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

What kind of ice cream did you find. Sounds like you've got your priorities about perfect... recycling, kids and ice cream. A pretty good day of rest. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home