Thursday, July 02, 2009

Do NOT Adjust your Set...


.
Here I am, currently sitting inside my Outer Limits episode on the second of July... This is too good to be true! Another Day Off without the expected crowds to enjoy.
.
Of course the almost constant rain, thunder n lightning prob has alot to do with the neighbors traveling delay for the big week-end. I'm so certain I'll awaken tomorrow to a loud roar from their descent into my immediate home zone below my feet n right outside the windows.
.
Late this afternoon, the sky did open to some blue, with smatterings of sunlight. I walked about n caught some budding blossoms which aren't as detailed as I'd like. I make do with what I got, the relative quiet considering the date, the sudden available dry daylight, my immediate location, n what my little digi cam can see.
.
For today's perusal are the ripening Huckleberries outside the bathroom window, Tiger Lillies by the woods across the street, Purple giant clover in the lawn, Honeysuckle vines up in a tree, bramble roses begin budding in the yard (all posted above), n wild primroses keep dingies company by the b-cove.
.
Back to enjoying the piece de peace destined not to last ...
(I'm surprized-) !

5 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm so glad you got some free time to kick back and just enjoy some relaxation. I love the primroses with the dingies - great capture!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Sounds like you got some restful time. Love that dingie photo, too.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I'm glad too, it's a rare thing. I don't know why so many primroses are by the water's edge around town. Thanks

Lynn, I'm used to noise interrupting my every moment at this time. I got to just hang around home without intrusion.
Thanks

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

We too get those primroses, I guess Mom calls them "wild roses" growing along the road where she lives, and in Mahone Bay too. Sometimes (well, when I'm there of course,) I just have to pinch a bloom and carry it around all day, they are so fragrant. And to think they lay dormant through all that snow and ice. Wonderful!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, It's amazing to find such beauty where no one has planted next to the salt water.
I usually avoid picking blossoms due to my bee sting allergy- don't want to atract any bees!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home