Sunday, July 13, 2008

Waves

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
Sat the 12th I got my second Day Off of the past two weeks. I got woken up early, n altho tired, it was then possible to get alot done before businesses closed down.
.
I made the Dump run way across town, the pet store, paid some bills by delivery, then made my fav beach before the turn of high tide all before five. I'd planned way ahead by wearing the swimsuit under my clothes. The breeze was a bit gusty, which this residents beach has a notorious reputation for.
.
Several folks were in attendence, families young n old, kayaker, windsurfers, but late in the afternoon, the beach was by no means crowded. Much of the off-season seaweed was no doubt now removed n the waves were showing alot of action.
.
I took a few pics with my fading batteries n almost full sd card, then set out my chair, n jumped into the surf for my first swim of the year. Nothing feels so good after enduring the heat all these weeks! I sat in my chair just long enough to dry off for the ride home.
.
I'm fortunate to live near such places, but I wish I had more unhurried time to spend enjoying it.
.
Rinsing out, visiting, n store errands lasted until after 10:30, then putting away, laundry, cooking until after 2. Here I am back at bedtime, n wonder if the noise will let me get a few hours rest.
.
Luckily the summer rush doesn't last too much longer.

9 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Noting like diving into the waves after a highly anticipated wait. I am glad for you! Looks like the Lord blessed you with a good day off!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, I was fortunate on many counts Saturday, thanks. We've been roasting pretty good up here.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Did thay have any of those nasty sine's there or can I jump in to.. lol Buddy

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, sorry that's where I got the pic for "Sign2"... but I did see a Golden Retriever walk by anyway- n didn't see anyone pick up their cell phone-

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

yay for swimming at the best beach in town! (even if it was quick)

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

YAY for your first swim of the summer in the ocean. Nothing beats the waves crashing, sand between toes, and the sea gulls buzzing around.

Hope the noise leaves soon, and you're left to enjoy your little spot of paradise with even more time off.

Happy photo snapping too, you.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, yes, a hurried swim is better than none, n that place is worth the trip- as you know!

CJ, we're down to about 6 weeks left to our summer season up here n I feel like I'm just starting!
Half of the loud people have left (Vaca's OVER) so expect much better sleep this week-
Time off- that I'll have to ok with work- thanks for the visit!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

i just got to swim in the ocean for the firsttime in years - it felt so good. Hooray for the oceans and the God who made them. thanks for your many visits when I was mostly dormant

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I went without my internet at home all summer '07, so I know how tough it feels- You've always been here for me as well.
Praise the Creator of our oceans indeed! Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home