Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ocean NewsWeek

The strange ocean news locally is smellin pretty fishy...
Photo by Snaggle Tooth




...
A large Floridian Manatee has been spotted n photographed off the coast of Massachusetts n Rhode Island this week, a first! The appearance may be due to the very warm local water temps, which have been averaging over 60 degrees F (according to the local paper last week).
...
York Beach n Wells Beach (Busy tourist meccas) on the southern Maine coastline have both put knee-high wading restrictions in effect because of numerous shark sightings. One shark was reported on Channel 5 to be 20-feet long!
We're not talkin 6-foot sand-sharks n Dog-fish here!
...
Last week, I saw footage on the largest Leatherback SeaTurtle ever seen off the coast of Nantucket Island (Cape Cod- South), Which had to be freed from a fishing net.
It was almost the size of the rescue boat!
...
It seems the tropics are sending up the larger troops on vaca up on the Carribean Gulf Stream Current, all the way to the Gulf of Maine in honor of the new Pirates of the Carribean Dep film this summer.
So now, I gather, that the locally visiting Portugeuse Man-O-War told their friends n they told two friends... n so on!
...

...

9 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

yikes!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, well at least I haven't seen anything strange in M. & B. coves yet...

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

You have been having some strange weather up there, haven't you? I don't think I've ever heard of manatees swimming that far up north before. They usually nest around our coast waters... with many laws to protect their lifestyle and habitat. How cool for you if you were able to see one though.

Sorry I wasn't over sooner... it's been a long return home from vacation, and very little down time till this morning. Hope you are well, and that you got the postcard I sent from the Smokies.

Take care, sweetie!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Sounds like it's time to whip out the fishing pole to see what you can catch. ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, don't worry, I knew you were runnin all week-end again!
I better go check the mail soon- I haven't been to the PO in a few days (no home delivery, must pick it up here).

Neo, It's been pouring to beat the band today- (Sunday) but I saw two guys headin for the bridge to go fishin anyways on my way out to work earlier.
I don't even have a pole anymore...

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ps - My email server has been down 2 days now, I'll be checking yahoo & gis accounts until I get thru instead.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

weenies! what is a twenty foot shark goin ta do with ya? he's as friendly as a puppy, he is!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger X said...

Thats a big mofo!

You always make me want to go to the beach :)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, you can pet 'em if ya wanna... Don't think I'll be jumpin off any boats anytime soon tho-

OilF, ya, like the tiger Shark pic from the Martha Vineyard's contest from Mem Day '05 in the archives- a one bite fits all deal there...
Well, at least ya got to visit the Maritimes this year. It's impossible to get enough of it-

ps I'm back into the reg email acct now- upgraded form (but like the old one better) Note: Dial-up stinks with skin windows...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home