Saturday, October 29, 2005

Shovels n Ice-melt

Why's my main subject of comment always local climate?!? Seems it's so easy to complain about, lately......
Another chilly and cloudy drizzly morning has turned into the first steady snowfall of the season here on Cape Cod today! I'm still wonderin why the weather reporters never even guessed the frozen possibilities for this area. I saw news this am, n snow was beginning further North, but they didn't warn us at all. They didn't want to believe the ocean storm with Canadian air-flow would back up into southern MA. It was supposed to stay North n West, n not accumulate. They couldn't be more wrong! Always they go with the most positive scenario ...
So after driving errands and raking, going back in, settling in n getting back to work on my back-log to-do list... with the window thermometer reading 38 degrees, it started snowing those big, fat, wet ones!
Right in the middle of my puter chores I had to stop n go out n cover the poor flowers recovering from last week's wind storm out the window. Or I could watch the new buds croak before I get any pics at all, after all the work n time growing them! Just can't let 'm die on purpose, gotta try.

If I'd known I woulda done it early while I was already out, not mess up my project progress like it did. I'd had the TV off, didn't want the noise... but then tried to get a radar update (without going online). Saturday sports are more important to ratings, n Mr Ortek was selling vaccuums on NECN again, waited n waited, just info-mercials, n no news. Finally during the Breeder's Cup Horseracing festivities in NY (I always wanted to train my own racer) they piped in the scolling marque text above the video about accumulating snow in southeastern MA. No visual graphics update, no radar, just unexpected, unnecessary inconvenience in the info-age...

I've been making an effort to limit blog-read n online hours, n really got alot of off-line stuff to keep me busy for awhile... I tend to get very sidetracked once on the net...I need to get more done, so you'll need to cut me more bloggin n commentz slack...

So here I am still workin at 10:30 pm, n just gettin online...For Sunday they'd been predicting 60 degree warmth. Now I bet that's all full of frozen water out the window too...

5 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Neo tosses Snag a blanket.

You know you can't limit poor old Neo!

I'm addictive. ;)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

jay heard something about snow on the news yesterday. our leaves are just finally coming down let alone having snow.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Your post made me finally crack the whip on myself and create my first blog. I had started to draft a comment here and decided to make it my first post instead.
Many, many thanks for your help!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i see you added a bunch more links.. and your family got put down the bottom!what are we chopped liver?! just kiding... wanted to let you know you need to fix your bruce link it has an extra "ht" in "http://"

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks Neo, wish I could walk around all day blanket wrapped. Sorry I'm not as notorious... have alot of hafta-do.

Ellen, I'll be there to see it soon... cool!

MB Our leaves haven't even turned, their just falling off. thanks for the woops info, why I shouldn't do updates until 1 am... fingers get to heavy on the keys, will get right on it. Hope you can deal with being list-buried for a little while, I'm makin 'em work at it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home