Saturday, September 17, 2005

Shakespeare

I had a boyfriend a couple years back with that last name, I bet he hasn't found this blog yet... He was unbelievably and loudly predjudiced against all people of darker color, even though his own children were half-Polynesian! Of course, that was acceptable...

I just can't hear the name "Ophelia" without thinking of the William Shakespeare character in Hamlet who throws herself to drown in the river, and floats face-down by. So sad...
Now it seems "Ophelia" the storm has floated by 70 miles out, dead to us, and spared us all her wind and whimpering. Oh, I'm greatful the neighbors deck chairs didn't break my windows, but I mourn the loss of another day people would've otherwise been productive. So many "didn't dos." Another day the entire economy except news Media and entertainment sectors grind to a halt, and again all the everyday working folks without benefits lose another day of pay, businesses file a loss of expected sales, and normal time has been stolen again. Green is money related.
The bright side is, today I'm not playing "Ophelia," by floating by face-down... I can't help but think of all those who did it two weeks ago... hope they're almost done picking them up.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

actually, i still had to go to work... what about the poor sops who get to drive half an hour and hope they don't close the bridge so they can get home to thier beautiful 9 month old????

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

When I worked down the road from you there, My plan if I got stuck was to go down Trowbridge Rd and steal a rowboat from some one's yard to go out the end of the Canal back to out area... Just an idea in case of Dire emergency

 

Post a Comment

<< Home