Saturday, September 03, 2005

New 4-letter swear-word = fuel

Do I need to apologize for my previous post's negative slant on my reaction to news media facts this week? Too much blunt intensity, perhaps?

I did apologize to the glaring flustered bank teller yesterday, when I angered her by using the four-letter-"F"-word to explain I timed my visit since last week just to save a three dollar fee so I could put "F-U-E-L" in the tank!
I'd listed the per gallon amount previously at $3.11, but after a looky joyride to check "The Strip's" competition, I realized the cheapest station was now up to $3.35 ...

bbm's tip of the day (thanx) was a mobile report that a couple more miles down the road, our fav American owned station, was only, $3.29, so now we just need to figure out how much it now costs to drive that far! (Is it more than 6 cents? U bet, about .18 per mi w/ AC n old tires!)...
... And this pricing is (nbctv) news-reported to be legal when the head offices called daily have used their accepted method of calculation to issue the prices posted... MA state naturally seeming higher than the other states... as usual. No surprize to me at all...


The townees n I already know it's all acause the Cape Labor Day demand of the well-to-do-can-afford-vacation crowd must be pumped for enough to last Capees till next year! They'll sink big bux into boat-joy-glides, and then have to pay it again to get back home! Same deal every year here, since ever.

Last night I was watching the nbc punted, Live, Celeb charity fund-raiser with Robt Downey Jr, a New Orleans Jazz-band, Faith Hill, ect. Right in the middle of Mike Myers n rapper Kenye West doing a talky segment, I turned off the sound to pick-up a call from a hospital inmate with unrelated info. Of the two people appearing on the screen, I noticed, Mike Myer's eyes seemed to be poppin outa his head oddly at the cam. Well, I thought, Ya know how strange he can be sometimes.
What timimg I had on that mute! Later on the Late news I find out that odd look was in reaction to Kenye West Ad-libbing off the script saying, "I hate the way they portray us in the media. If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food."Then proclaimed "George Bush doesn't care about black people!"

A true, intense, reaction! I wonder how long it'll take Prez-B to plaster over that picture... I'm wonderin if FBI'll charge em with treason, or write em off. Give that brave dude, Kenye West, the First Amendment Medal for bravery! (If not foolery), and a Tony for stealing the show away from Myers!

3 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Wow, Daryl, thanks for the (sneaky) comment! (it doesn't show up on the counter) Gracias!
I believe he'll get away with it this time, stress is incredible on people this week..., even the government knows they'll be in too deep to go after him, with all the anger here in the U.S.

I was gonna say before I saw Darryl here, that when I write about loud people, dogs, posssoms, and flowers I get tons of comments. Now, when I use Mind-blowing reality comments affecting my thoughts, almost writing movie of the week plots, seems no one has an opinion...

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

it's not that i don't have an opinion, it's just that lately i haven't had the time to post... read blogs, but not many free moments to post.

it was funny on the radio this morning... they were making fun of kenye for what he said. they would play the very heartfelt mike myers bit and then he says "president bush doesn't care about black people".. then of course he got cut off.

i have seen gas prices creep down to the ballpark of $3.39. and it stinks even for people who aren't in such a bind as you b/c now everyone is being gas conscience everywhere you go... we definalty are. no unnecesarry trips to walmart/target b/c no matter which one you go to they're atleast 1/2 hour away... the gas prices and the cheap prices from the box stores trade off, so it's not worth making the hike out of town to get things on the cheaper side of the scale... however if you need a bunch of stuff then the trip is okay. now if we need to get something there we go after work which is just 5 minutes or so down the road from where we work.

thank god for the awesome weather, and i apologize for the novel, but had to make up for my lack of commenting

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanx I don't mind long text. U need not feel guilty, ur one of my best customers... Don't forget bbm's b-day, she's leavin for Marshfield am.
... I've already cut out all unnecessary drives for over a year now... Watch out, 2 more EEE deaths, Kingston n Halifax... Meanwhile, King Richards Faire is right next door to that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home