Monday, August 22, 2022

Wet Orange

 

Been so long since I could blog. I spent 2 years unable to read text due to cataracts. The surgery worked, and now it's like I have my life back again! Anyone waiting around, I heartily recommend getting it over with ASAP.

The process is a pain, and expensive. About $5k out of pocket with insurance. I am still paying for it...

What stinks most about the cost is having to pay 4 different offices for multiple visits, pre and post op.

Now I am back to cracking into my huge backlog of what to do before the eye problem got me. 

This pic I took of lake Wallenpaupack PA sunset water from vaca with the kids this past June, is begging me to change the color pallet and play with it.

But a weird thing happened. I lost my baggie of memory sticks. My settings and app are needed from ancient PC to do that fun stuff, and I lost them by putting it in a "safe" corner of a bin when I went to ME last summer for my cousin's funeral. 

I have to dig through many storage bins , because the bag wasn't in any checked so far... 

When I watch old movies now, I keep saying, "Wow, I didn't see that before!" to most scenes. My eyes are so much better. Hopefully I find that and other fun stuff to play with too, soon.

Now let's see if anyone notices this is new after so long ... 

6 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Welp, I saw the post pop up in my blog reader feed, so here's one person who saw it pop up. Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you're getting back to your normal self again.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Yay! I was still on someone's feed ! I haven't seen if I can find everyone again and comment. All in good time. it is a blessing to read better and faster again.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Just read a previous blog about another successful cataract surgery. Hope you find your baggie. I hate when I put stuff SAFELY away and it means I will not see it for months! I bet you life is totally changed with the new ability to see.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, thanks for checking in! What a huge difference.
Still I am overwhelmed getting things done, too much at once. A new phone really slowed me down a bit , 2 weeks. New laptop, second time on. Hate all the interrupts it does on me. want the old way back - I am sick of learning new tech slowly all the time. Too many hidden controls for me. Even can't control the blogger post format set up as I used to,
or get pics played with in paint yet. Need to find software cd and preset files for that. Taking so longto do things!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Glad you're back. And thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't "water" The 25 year Plan like I should, so it's no wonder it's languishing in a tiny corner of the internet, but I refuse to let it die - so long as I live. It's easy to blame Fakebook, but excuses come from everywhere.

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mike, thanks for returning. So many old sidebar links are gutted and need deleting. I am good at procrastinating...
Fakebook , an apt name for that time-sucking vortex I get stuck in alot these days. It is something to do, and helped a lot during pandemic alone time at least!
I am Ev Johns there, abbreviated name to protect my innocent job searching, hopefully. I like it for entertainment, and actually reconnected with quite a few old friends I had lost touch with over the years. Some even in CA .
Plus easier to do by phone.
Blog has to be done on PC , or no pics will post. Be reading you later. .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home