Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amber n Magenta

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 9 2011
We've just had some incredibly nice n warm days for the second week of November. After the clock got set back an hour this past week-end for EDST (Eastern Daylight Savings Time), I'd thought it'd be easier to get up earlier. However, I've taken immediate advantage of sleeping more instead. Fatigue finally caught up to me.

The first Day Off I slept all the way until sunset knowing I didn't have to be anywhere on time. Errands are few this week, except laundry. Alot of yard work needs to get done, n after wasting a beautiful, 70F day sleeping thru the whole thing, I resolved to get up earlier Day two, n not waste as much pleasant weather.

Before I cleared the clogged storm drain of leaves, worked on breaking down fallen branches, n raked off the front walkway, I snapped a few colorful spots which finally showed up. The top pic is a small tree (10 feet) in the fading sunlight, which sprouted from a stump in the yard of a fave tree the landlord had chopped down years ago- (Yay!).


Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 9 2011


Locally these are called a "Burning Bush" due to the bright red they become this time of year. They're plentiful on the hill across the road. This is on a corner of those woods right across from my place.

Finally looking like Autumn here on ESR. I'm also really greatful to save heat bux, n see actual sunshine on a Day Off!
I'm about to have a busy few weeks to fatigue me out some more (darn Co-workers taking vacas), n will be daylight challenged as I must leave for work at sundown time now...

Amber n magenta

Leaves leaving
Scatter n scittering

Sinful sunshine

Blustery breeze
Render the sky

Speechless n bare
They were here

Last Year
Amber n Magenta

................. poem by SnaggleTooth today

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

You needed that sleep, Snaggle. I'm glad you had the day to do that. And you still got some nice color shots!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I probably need several weeks of sleeping all day to feel rested again- Had it been raining, it wouldn't seem wasted I guess- Thanks

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That sinful sunshine should find you more often.

Glad you caught up on sleep!!

Such pretty photos.

The bush burned.
The sun sinned.
And I ate donuts.

xooxo

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, it's sinful for those falling leaves to waste the Sunshine, I think. Thanks-
(n I made some at work, btw)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home