Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Malfunction

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 11 2011
An amazing colorful sunrise was out my kitchen windows before I went to sleep. I have a much better view of it than I used to before Hurricane Irene. There were alot more trees n vegetation in the way.

When I went to open a window to get a pic in the dark, I managed to knock down a couple of plants n got dirt all over the place. Then I had to pick it up before lieing down after my very long work week of holiday orders had finally ended.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 11 2011


There have been a few more incon- veniences tripping me up lately. A couple weeks ago I went to play a VHS tape, n the audio came out as a loud, grating noise. At first I thought it was the tape cassette going bad, then tried several more n the audio problem persisted. I use the box as my cable channel converter for the old TV with the remote to change channels, n also patch a separate DVD player into the jacks. Without the VHS box, I've been unable to get the DVD to work directly into the TV jacks.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 11 2011 A few years ago when the last combo DVD/VHS player had died, I'd had this one bought in '01 for $40 stashed away for emer- gencies. Right now I can't afford another VHS while Little Truck needs more repairs, so it may be a very long winter without my VHS movie collection for entertainment, (LOR, Star Wars, Jurrassic Park, Spiderman, ect) . I don't have a great deal of DVDs of my old Favs I want to see again either.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 11 2011
Slowly I've been building up my freezer food stash since it all was trashed after the long post-hurricane power-out. Last night I went to heat up a frozen Stouffers lasagne, which takes about 10 minutes in the microwave. After about a minute, the power diplay panel made a popping sound n fizzled out. So I had to wait an hour to cook it the other way. The microwave's dead! Now there'll be few quick hot dinners after work until I can get a new one. I really shouldn't complain since that machine has lasted me ever since 1990... 21 years!


I hope the rest of my machines stay up n running for awhile... My own malfuntions are enough extra work as it is!

9 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh Snaggle - is Mercury in retrograde? I had the same kind of home mechanical equipment malfunctions happen a few years ago and that was the explanation a friend gave me.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sorry 'bout the VHS.

I think we still have a Beta Max player somewhere! golly.

Well, Irene maybe did cull out a bit of a good view for you. :)

Really an AMAZING shot, like the woods is on fire in that sunrise. Wow, Snag.

xoxo

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Bummer about the microwave. I'm sure that you can find a cheapy on clearance at the various department stores and what not.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, does seem like it. I also thought maybe the ghosts are messing with my stuff!

JanF, Thanks- I really want to see the movies now! I still listen to old cassette tapes too- in Little truck also. I can see the B-cove out the front now too! About 3 trees with vines came down there. Thanks- I HAD to take that pic- so pretty...

G, right now I can't even pay for a cheapie! Not priority- TG I don't have kids to cook for here- I want the movies back first, I think.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Damn about the microwave and your VHS too. Doesn't sound like your week!

Love the photo. Glad your camera hasn't died!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, luckily my mousepad is a wooden plank, n I just knocked on it after reading your comment! Please pretty please... don't happen to me in threes! Amen
Thanks

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I was going to say the same thing Lynn did. LOL Then again your idea of appliance ghosts might be the best idea. Hope the string of bad luck is over for you.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Neo said...

VHS? Holy fuck man....

I think we need to have a telethon to get you a new one.

ESR readers, look in your garages, surely you can find it in your hearts to help out Snaggle with a used VHS player!

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, It sure seems like something's been conspiring against me... Thanks, me too!

Neo, N they're pretty cheap too- I'm just busted lately. Folks just don't have them anymore...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home