Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bluff Blossoms


.
.
.
.
I'm sure once this long rainy spell is finally past in a few days, the front beach will be loaded with sun-worshipers. We've been under clouds n raindrops all week, as the leaves n pollen have been sprouting like crazy. I found these colorful Rhododendrons on the bluff last day off, before the rains began. At least the rain has helped knock the pollen out of the air, n my allergy head-aches haven't been too bad.
Off to zzz-land before another work shift...
.....
Update Note: folks don't be afraid to speak up n correct my plant names. I'm not always right, n admit it.
The plant shown could possibly be an azalea. I thought because of the color n size it wasn't tho- I'll go back n check the leaves some day.

6 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Super shot!!

Funny my keyboard's "H" key is sticky and I'd just written "super sot."

I'd been all set to write azaelas until you informed me of the rhododendrons.

And you? Will you be among the sun worshippers? Or protecting your girlish complexion?

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Nice shot.

Sun worshippers?

And this is a good thing or a bad thing?

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger TALON said...

See? So many reasons to be thankful for rain...

Beautiful blossoms! I never get tired of seeing them.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, at least you didn't do "super hot!"
I usually get my sun on the deck, or at my fav beach. The main beach isin't my fav place- too crowded!

G, sun is good,- tourists are not! Townees ok tho- when it's just us, we don't tend to annoy each other alot.

Talon, Rain is okay except for my mood after a whole week of no sunshine- I thought you might like those flowers by the beach.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

Oh, what gorgeous rhododendrons. We've been having lots of rain here, too, but oh my, is it ever making our garden grow! :)

Have fun in the sun!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ThommaLyn, Things here are sprouting fast, n greens are budding about. Since the rain tho, few blossoms are visible. I hope the frogs are enjoying the extra water.

Note: Folks, see an update on the post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home