Thursday, March 16, 2017

Keep Marching

Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Yep, Tuesday had another bad storm to go to work early in. Tho it started out with a burst of huge flakes, after a few hours it turned to rain here, n most of the slush melted overnight so errands yesterday weren't too bad, except for icy temps n bone-chilling wind.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

My biggest problem since the one-hour time ahead jump is having to get up very eary every day since then. I reached this week's Day Off needing sleep badly.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Now I'm also keenly aware I only have less than a month to get my tax instructions read n forms done now. until that stuff is all squared away I probably will pay less attention to blogging, so excuse me in case  skip a week of pics here n there in the coming weeks.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

I'll be cooking up a boiled dinner This week, not only in honor of the holiday, but it was my Dad's favorite meal n today would have been his 89th Bday if he were alive. I scored 0.17 cent/lb cabbage at the store too! I'll be eating tons of that, with vinegar.


Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Color version used on above pics.
Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Crop of larger pic of huge snowflakes in bold contrast used to make all of these altered images.
Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Color version used on below pics.
Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

These have a bit of an Easter feel to me.
Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

 My Star Trek movie marathon got interrupted by watching the Martin Scorsese film, "The Departed" this week, n so far it is excellent, plus full of colorful, sarcastic language. The accents n setting is Boston, The subject is crime families, law, n moles. Alot of great acting too, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, n Martin Sheen all share the action in this complicated plot.

If only tax instructions would go down so easily... Back to the grind.




Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

I see a ducky face. Then alot of googly eyes!
Image by SnaggleTooth March 15 2017

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 14 2017
Happy St Patricks Day Irish or not!


8 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I see the duck as well...cute! I finished our taxes, but sent them off to an accountant for a final review. Hoping I break even! I like cabbage, but not the sour type so much.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Glad your bad weather is lightening up. My taxes are not ready yet. Love your altered photos. You should have altered a picture of a shamrock. LOL

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I did my own taxes this year - it took three hours, because I was so freaked out by doing them for the first time, but I got it done and I think they are right. :)

St. Patty's day is the day we are all Irish, I think.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, taxes will cost me for not having health insurance, but will be cheaper than the premiums. I still have a whole head of cabbage left to eat! Apple cider vinegar is so yummy on that.

Gran Annie, glad you liked the pics. I haven't found shamrocks yet- can you tell I ’m not Irish?

Lynn, good for you getting that done yourself. I won't do online, have in the past . have to do paper for state anyway because of the hc section. There's a good holiday attitude! Thanks

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger cube said...

First of all, I hope you're feeling better. I don't share snow storms and I'm not Irish either, but believe me, I can empathize in the area of dental dilemmas. That is something we, unfortunately, share. Best wishes for us both, eh? I'll drink to that :)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

cube, the nose is a bit better, but allergies are getting sensitive. Thanks. Yep best wishes for getting over the dental thing!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

We got slammed pretty good that day with about a foot in some areas. In regards to taxes, so long as you don't make an error (like I did), you should be good to go.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B., there's nothing worse than a wrong click to late to fix! I hate doing it online, so now will only file with paper thru the mail. At least there is always a 1040x to correct the filed boo boos. Stinks if you have to pay a penalty after they find a mistake tho! I'll be reading you soon, but yours is a blog my tablet won't let me comment on now. Think I erased the wrong cookies... Sorry about that. So happy half my tax work is done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home