Thursday, July 30, 2015

New Place, New Post


Our next exciting episode:
Snaggletooth,
This is your life!
Awww- I forgot all about these people, pics, things, momentos. I'm finding all kinds of stuff from my childhood, teen-age-hood, n young adult existance that I'd not focused on in eons. If only I had time to really read n play through all these things. Original recordings, on cassettes n 8-tracks, so many uncountable notebooks full of verse n ideas. But it  was old cards, postcards n letters which seemed to always choke me up. Tons of forgotten college works have been uncovered as well.

 I've had a few surprises in the past few weeks.
Mostly about how long it takes to clean up 30 years of stuff. I'm a really hard worker, but this move has gone on ad-nauseum far too long. I hope to never live upstairs again... my legs are toast- We've had several very hot n humid days I had to work all the way through the past week, instead of sleeping n continue to work the night job. 
Finally this upcoming week things will slow down from mad dash storage runs, n stuff trips will be limited to clearing out some items from storage which were thrown in unsorted. plus I have old bills to sort n toss, but the current ones are still lost in a pile of similar boxes along with the stamps n checkbook somewhere.

I have way too much stuff in my one room here. But the one dresser is still almost empty, laundry must be washed n re-arranged. Food is not allowed in storage, so I have boxes of canned bargains keeping company with a minimal dish n pan pile in one corner. Also a whole stack of cupboard items in plastic bins.
Shared refrigerator n freezer space has been reduced to two shelves each in a side-by-side, n two short (tall boxes won't fit) spaces in one cupboard. Didn't realize how spoiled I was to have the space I did when I thought that was small... I'll work at whittling down the bedroom pile n shop much less.

Seriously, after being in the same spot for 30 years re-learning maps of where items are stored n how to do day to day activities is huge. Probably moving more often is better because you are forced to sort through stuff n not let it accumulate. Of course if I'd gotten previously requested vaca time off work to sort stuff, I would not have had as much to do these past few weeks.

It took me over two weeks to hook-up my computer again, maybe first chance to get to internet at the library in another week from writing this. I have yet to go for a beach swim, but toes have made a few walking dips.









I haven't had much time for anything else.
Whew the old mess is done, now I have a new one to sort n sift here.


Another surprise is my cell phone service only gets a sometimes one bar in the house, n has cut off most calls so far. I'll have to walk down the street a bit to make needed calls. That's pre-paid n I don't want to switch service until minutes are used up. Apparently only Verizon works well in this area, n I hate that company due to old problems they caused (cost) me. So sorry if you tried to call n didn't get through. Texting works better.







Poor Mischief never made it to the new place. She became too debilitated to walk, n was dragging herself using claws- very sad to watch... So after a trip to the vet I decided it would be better to put her to sleep. That cost a small fortune, as did cremation services. Now that I've slowed down a bit, I really miss her.
Luckily I'm playing with cute kittens in the new house to distract me, n have made friends via doggie treats with the Chiwawas so I can walk thru the yard to the garden n shed. My poor plants are all in shock n dealing with new light n insect issues. They were all doing so good until this week here. I had to use bug spray for the caterpillars n grasshoppers.
Still alot of moved stuff to sort thru here, n need to find about 20 things in these boxes. Hope to catch up on blogs really quick on the speedy Library machine, plus get the bills done.

(Can't get the library machine to upload my pics right here- n guessing these are all thumbnails I copy-pasted from the dialogue upload box - will try to improve the images another time)

Thanks for checking back in.

































13 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Sorry to hear about your cat not making it, but kudos for successfully completing the move.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh Snaggle - so sorry about Mischief! Tears just sprang up when I read that. I know that was hard - I've been there.

It's a good feeling to sort through stuff and pare down a bit, sounds like. You've had a huge transition - it sounds like you are handling things like a champ!

Hugs!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Well, you are on the down side of getting settled in. In a few months most of the kinks should be worked out and that is the time to start a list of all the good stuff since the move so that you can count your blessings. It is traumatic to move and even more so to lose a pet at the same time. So sorry!!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

S.T., are you real? My heart is broken in two. How can any person persevere as you have done through so much. Moving 30 years into one small apartment/room. Losing your precious companion Mischief. Not getting needed time off from an employer that you have clung to for financial support and given every ounce of your being to. I want to save you yet you do not appeal to anyone for rescue. You simply forge ahead and take one day at a time. How you do it is beyond me. Know that I dearly cherish our friendship and carry you in my daily prayers.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I'v been gone for a week and just got back. fun fun.
Glad your life is still on track.
Brain is dead so maybe next time I'll have something witty to say.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I am so so sorry about Mischief. At times I felt she was my own cat, got to know her through your posts. I think she would've liked me too if I'd gotten to meet her in the flesh. I know you had her for so long and how dear she was. My heart is with you.

Downsizing, reading old cards. Maybe have to store cereal boxes on their side, not upright due to space, settling in.

xoxooxo

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

it really was a long arduous move. It was really sad to see mischief go, but I'm glad there are kittens at the new place for you to spoil :) Mom is one tough cookie

she is in a single room at a friends house for now. the shelves in cabinet that are hers, are too short for most things, besides canned goods, so cereal wont really fit at all unless laying flat and sideways :/

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

GB, Thanks- you have no idea. Hope you never have to empty your house out...

Lynn, Thanks. Like you I have sentimental things around I wish to have with me. Most are in storage tho.

Tabor, I'm so weary I could sleep for a year! Thanks

Gran Annie, Actually the "one day at a time" moto Tabor gave me has helped a great deal. I have been thru so much I can't give up. Not a quiter! Thanks n Ditto

Ellis, Keep that brain spitting fire words! Thanks

Jannie, Thanks- KitKat is my buddy too! Yet so much stuff away- yet so much in piles. Just resigned to noy having space. Don't eat cereal anyhow!

MB, The kittens do help a bit, as do the doggies. Never mind stupid shelves, don't need them. Just need to find stuff in the pile! Thanks

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I keep forgetting about the honey nut cheerios in the cupboard. I do like it.

Kittens!!!!! From your post above. Are they communal house kittens? Do you all share one big living room, just curious! :)

xooxoxoxoxox

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, Yep- mostly the kitchen, not a LR person

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Okay, got it!! Thinking of you often.xooxoxoxox

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, thanks for your visits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home