Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Long Road to Summa

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2015

There's an old. Sci-Fi show theme song I keep singing to myself because it makes me feel better when it seems my actual life is still getting nowhere without an end in sight,

It's from "Star Trek: Enterprise,"  a tv show starring Scott Bakula. Re-runs used to air Sunday night about 3am, n I haven't seen it since a trekkie friend gave me some old VHS tapes he made of it way back. The tapes are disintegrating n can't be played anymore now.




Image by SnaggleTooth May 2015

Last night after work I felt very discouraged, but was so tired I couldn't recall the song when it had been awhile since I had tried to. Today after sleeping it finally sprang to mind again.

The memory key is: I must remember the openning line to recall the tune.

"It's been a long road..."

Sorry I won't post a video on my blog- If you want to hear it click  a free online episode.
I think the song is the best part of that show-
Here's the lyrics I like to sing:

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2015

It's been a long road.
Getting from there to here.
It's been a long time,
But my time is finally here.
I can see my dreams come alive at last,
I can touch the sky.
They're not gonna hold me down no more,
Oh no- they're not gonna change my mind.

"Cause I've got Faith
of the heart-
I know where my heart will take me.
I've got Faith
to believe
I can do anything
I've got friends
of the soul.
No one's gonna bend or break me-
I can reach
Any star.
I've got faith
I've got fai,- a-aith
Faith of the heart

(There- I feel better now, n  if I forget again I can look here. Pic from walk last week)

4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

A long road
With a mustache
Down past his chin

A long road
A lifelong walk with
A light at the end

A long road
A pic of waves
To share with friends

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, At work we get alot of Spanish singing-
n they celebrate Cinco de Mayo by getting loaded.
Strange that the long road song is about the progression of the NASA Space Program!
Plus, those were some long waves!
Lets hope the light at the end
Makes up for the darkness we endure here... Thanks

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Now I'm going to have that song going around my head all evening!:D

We have a lot of disintegrating tapes as well!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I think I'm really good at singing that one- I do my Rod Stewart imitation. I wish the kids in home videos would last forever... thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home