Monday, January 30, 2012

See the Sea

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2010

I just had a hankering to see some July pics as we go thru a cold blast n burst of snow with a front.

Taken at my fave Beach in July 2010, it faces south into the Gulf Stream fed waters of Buzzards Bay n follows the line of Hog Island Channel, the shipping lanes toward the New Bedford area of the state, (channel located at the center of the horison).

Yep, it works- I feel warm just looking at it for a few minutes.

Most folks just see a ton of open water, but I can pick out bits of familiar lands, spits, rocks, n lighthouses across the way, n also vessels way out there. When I was a teen I got to traverse that entire zone in a small Boston Whaler boat with my water pals. Even that open space holds dear memories for me.

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2012
I'll try to remember those warm fuzzies as I trudge back to another night of work in the crusty ice crystals before I finally end my work week. I hope to get back to that wonderful place soon, even in the cold. It's been too long-

8 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

You have hit on a truth in that when we explore an area in detail, we never see it the same way again.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I couldn't make out a lighthouse, but it's neat that you know what those blips in the landscape are.

It made me feel warmer to look at this. Thanks Snaggle.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Drive safe Snaggle - the ice has been wicked! You might want to look into a pair of ice skates to get around!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I always feel like I'm in a wonderful place here, Snag. Snow or sun, it's a tasty familiar cup of tea to visit you.

I hope to stand beside you at that beach one day! And with any luck -- will.

lol on you getting around to your work and back on ice skates.

xoxo

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Yes, it's nice to remind ourselves that winter is just another passing season. Hope your night goes quickly so you can enjoy your time off. Be careful on that ice!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I think that's true about most places we go, the brain seems to fill in a memory map for us. In this case I know what's out there. Thanks

Lynn, It's a bit to the left above the rock in the water, near the center of the horison- but not so clear as your cam could prob zoom it in. Stay warm-

Neo, I wonder how roller skates would do on ice... Years ago I sold my good ice skates for $10 so I could buy diapers... Sometimes poop conrol is more important- They cost a fortune now!

JanF, Well I do tend to avoid the worst stuff here trying to stay positive on ESR. I do have an extensive pic library on the machine too... it helps now that pic taking has slowed way down! I hope so too. I don't get tp skate much anymore.

Talon, It wouldn't be proper on ESR to miss doing a summer flashback sometime during January... I do miss my spot out there. I made it home-yay!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Neo said...

"poop conrol." Add that one to the list. LOL

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I had to sell my first, dear, old guitar to buy diapers too! It was Italian, a "Crucionelli" Steel String. It had a great fingerpick tone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home