Sunday, September 11, 2011

911.10

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2011


Ten years have passed n it still upsets me as if the death of a parent, putting a knot on my gut that churns. How could so much human damage caused by other humans ever be acceptable?



People were going about their day to day business, doing their jobs, n taking planned trips on a beautiful clear day.



Suddenly the day turned into Hellfire, slammed by large planes, offices exploding, evacuating, fires smoking, folks trapped, folks jumping, buildings collapsing, Pentagon hit, government security shattered, Going down to doom in a field triumphantly thwarting further destruction...



My Day to Day became unimportant in that shadow.


Sleep became non-existent seeing the nightmares.


The intensity of the memory survives.


The number 2996 had died.



On this date I always experience a day of mourning, especially as I'm forced to continue my Day to Day activities, for I'm no longer complacent.



This year there's a new Tribute Memorial with fountains n specially arranged names at Ground Zero in NYC. Looks nifty in the pics n concept. I hope to see it someday.



There's also a yearly blog project to pay tribute to the victims.



I'm only able to reflect n deal with the day's feelings quietly on my own, still vivid in my mind. I'll never be at peace remembering 911...

10 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Blogger Neo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Opaque said...

I know how you are feeling... it is hard to think of that year...

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Intense lines- have you put them to a tune yet? I'm actually wishing I could forget the dread the event filled me with. Thanks

Opaque, It's one of the worst historical moments I've yet experienced in my lifetime n hope to never have to do that again... I have vivid memories of that time.
Thanks

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love the Tribute Memorial. That wasn't there when we visited Ground Zero a couple of years ago. It was still just a building site.

Horrible, horrible day.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I haven't driven thru NYC since December 2001. 6 hours from here. It was still a jumble of debris being removed then. The news said you need to make an appointment to see the monument! It just openned to the public today- yesterday was for victims families n officials only- I'm betting it would get over-crowded fast!
I wish I'd gotten to visit the towers. My mother had gone on a field trip to tower 2 observation deck once.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snaggle - Actually it was a poem. Only wanted to leave it here long enough for you to see it before making it go away.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I still think it could be a decent song. thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Jim gets really angry watching too.

I did not know it was 2996 died. So so many.

Let us never forget.

xoxo

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh, I would like to see that tribute memorial one day. I like how they used the towers' footprints for the two gazing rushing fountains. And all the trees planted, those will be quite peaceful to be in, I think.

xoxo

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Maybe it affects some folks more than others. Of course you had a great memory to overwrite the bad one for that day!
The 2996 number doesn't include the hijackers, but include PA n DC folks. Actually I'm grateful the 10k who could've been in the towers weren't when they went down. I can't forget how it makes me feel.

JanF, I'm relieved they made a memorial on the site because those souls deserve a sacred resting place, having been incinerated there. But one "tallest" tower is going up where another building of the original complex came down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home