Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Dodging Raindrops

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011

A refreshing cold front blew thru this evening. I dashed out inbetween thunderheads for errands, n stopped to examine the pretty clouds in that sky break I keep getting over the M-cove.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011





As I got back in Little Truck for the ride home from 3 stores, n putting air into low tires, the lightning just started up again, n another down pour began. Tonight after a very hot week, I finally got cold enough to turn off the house fans which had been on high settings.



Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011

I'm hoping to get in some quality outdoor time hanging laundry out n mowing tommorrow. But I'll take a few minutes of sky-show anytime I can get 'em...

7 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

We got some pretty nifty lightning strikes here on Monday. Was pretty cool to watch, along with the sunshine thunderstorms.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That sky is gorgeous!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Isn't that breath of fresh, cooler air the best? We had storms this morning, but it's brought in super thick, super humid hot air :(

Gorgeous photos, Snaggle!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Lovely sky-show indeed, Snaggle. That last one is amazing. What a beautiful world.

3 stores? Sounds like fun!! Especially with no child along to ask for everything she sees and wants. :)

xoxo

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, I guess you got nailed again tonight too! Just missed us- Had to carry out water to the deck plants again! Sunshine t-storms are way cool too!

Lynn, the sky never ceases to amaze me- so many teers of clouds layered. Thanks

Talon, We are soaking in the dry coolness today! Sorry to hear yours got humid again! That'll be heading my way next! Well, summer won't last alot longer. Remember to squirt the hose around to cool off! Thanks

JanF, The sights were so expansive n panoramic I couldn't get it all in one shot. That's only a small bit of it all- So many layers n colors all the way to a patch of blue- some backlit with the late sunlight.
That's right- you still tow the begger shotgun-shopper about the isles. I bet she helps find some good products or deals you wouldn't catch sometimes tho- so it equals out! Believe me, someday you will miss those times! I do everything alone now! Enjoy n indulge her as you can... I emailed MB your email addr about PC
Thanks

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, you are right. That country song that goes "You're Gonna Miss This" is so correct!

Off now to play with her a while.

xoxo

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, it's a whole different thing when they grow up n move out. As teens they get really busy too. Mostly I only saw them when giving rides! Play away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home