Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Green, Red, n Blue

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2011

What I like best about the rotating mirror effect is how it tends to create unusual faces. Most notable to me in this example is an upsidedown Lemur head. There's no way to tell what it will reveal depending on colors n forms or which pics will work better. I waste so much time doing these...


Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2011

At the beginning of the month on a rare sunny day, I spied two-toned leaves sprouting on the red Maple tree near the Boat Ramp beach. It was so pretty next to the blue sky highlighted in the sunshine.

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2011

Plants near my road are way behind the normal summer schedule. I bought some discounted Petunias n Impatiens for under a dollar each at the market, n finally re-planted them today when we didn't get the forecast thunderstorms. After being dead-headed n sitting in the rain all week, they're already coming back n sprouting blossoms. Most of the deck plants are growing slow too.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2011
Huckleberries started ripening n I got some free today out the window. They go from red to navy blue like Mulberries, only smaller. "SnaggleTooth gets Huckleberries" is just so cartooney, n really odd here next to the blue pig with the red nose, ears, n shirt, along with this reallty serious looking dude...

Trees truelly are a wonder, along with this finding.

6 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I guess we don't get Huckleberrys in the south. lol at the cartoony comparison!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

LOVE the colors in the altered pic. yeah no huckleberries here, unless you count cousin Bubba

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Sorry not around. working on retirement. Did not know so many things have to be done. I'm hoping things will slow down by middle of mounth.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I've never seen another tree like it- A neighbor said that's what it is, but I really should look it up. I keep picturing HuckleBerry Hound!

Paige, Truelly a shame- They are really good! I'm picking 2ce a day n getting tons! How are those Luffas? I hear it's an oven out there in TX

Ellis, Rule 1.)- no working on retirement! Slow down immediately! Unless it's a gov'ment form... Hope you're doing well, thanks for the howdy!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Re your comment on my post...I was beginning to think you spaded cats for your neighbors ha! Truly a Renaissance woman. Glad you clarified.

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, That was such a funny typo! Here I call them Rypos- but that one is something you could really do!
You could say I fix cats too! Actually I've adopted abandoned cats several times. Mischief, her Mom, n two litter-mates were dumped in a parking lot where I worked. They almost were run over- n the no-kill shelter was full n wouldn't take them. They make the best pets! 7 so far... But I sometimes fix cars! (Old ones).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home