Monday, June 27, 2011

Crazy Week

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2011
Every summer the blogosphere noticeably slows down. Even my posting has gotten lighter. Once the weather finally breaks, everyone gets out to enjoy outdoors. It's been still fairly cool n rainy here, up until this week.

The Week-end visitors are making themselves noticed around town.

On the way to work yesterday, the car in front of me stopped right in the middle of the D-bridge just to enjoy the view! They should've gone ahead another twenty feet n pulled over in the little dirt parking area... Not everyone is off for the week-end enjoying a leisurely Sunday drive.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2011Then there's the nasty to navigate main state road with splits n one-ways, where 5 route inter-changes have confused folks from the right suddenly cutting me off for a sudden left, while I'm in the correct lane for continueing forward. A slightly un-nerving daily hazard now.



At the gas station yesterday were two young men on motorcycles argueing over if they were supposed to go route 495 or route 25. I didn't even hesitate to speak up n interrupt with the info that it was the same exact road, re-named as it approaches the canal. I sure got them to stop argueing in a hurry... I need some peace before I start my hectic, long night of chaos.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2011
After the week-end are the easiest order nights all week. Summer-time's here tho, n the population has doubled (maybe tripled). With schools being out n the part-time residents on Cape, plus vacationers, even easier nights are no longer easy to get thru at work. We have to take advantage of the surge, n rack up extra hours while we can.


We're fast approaching crazy week here, known as the 4th of July week. It's the pinacle of crowded n congested, It begins deflating again right after the fireworks.



Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2011
The whole world seems to be on holiday, except me again! While bloggers have slowed down recently, I'm no exception. However, it's due to being overworked the next few weeks. Prob I'll get to some more pic posts for you tho... n my reading will slow too. I'd like to be laying on the beach reading, but I'll at least dream about it!


Is this a crazy week for you too?

6 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

It has been butt ugly for me this week.

Between getting some stitches taken out and dealing with my son's graduation, I didn't do a single thing with my blog.

Or anything else connected with writing for that matter.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

It seems like I'm just coming back to blogland as everyone else is leaving (or taking a rest).

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy weeks are good when they are over. lol
Liking your psychedelic images in this post

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

This is typically a slow week in the printing industry, but fortunately we are busy with printing this week. I guess it's a slow week for client contact.

That was nice of you to help the motorcycle guys. I'll bet they thought so, too.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

We're going to Maine next week, but I'll have my cell phone if you want to touch base. not looking forward to the drive- we learned last year to not take 495 north as we crawled our way into maine for nearly 2 hours... This year we will drive north first then taking NH-101 east into maine.. atleast we will be moving. Hang in there.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, so that's the opposite of Crazy Week- Graduation is a great adventure in boredome too! Good luck with those scars! N writing!

Gran Annie, July n the Xmas holidays are notorius for Vacations- But I've always been on an opposite program! Well, maybe you'll find some good new ones to read.

ArtsRichard, I agree! My feet are already throbbing- Thaks, I really like them too.

Lynn, I thought so- It used to be slow also at my software job years ago- we'd all get unpaid, nothing to do days, n be very bored. I always help if I can. I hope they figured out if they wanted to go East or West!

MB, Lucky you! Hope your trip goes well n the boys have a good, non-whiney time. Enjoy your get-away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home