Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grey Daze

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010 .
Rain's been resident this week again. This pic is part of the deserted boat n fishing wharf at the narrows in the center of town this evening. I added more to the grey collection today, n hear tomorrow will also be spitting water.
.
That'll slow me down a bit. I slept extra hours, then did some chores n errands. Even walked around on the wharf in the rain, carefully on the slippery wet planks, of course. It just doesn't feel like Day Off to me without getting outdoors.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010It's been cool in the 60's F range, n I ended up digging out warmer clothes I haven't needed for months. I really need to wash all my jackets n hoodies- (Too dusty, I'm allergic to dust mites) It was tough finding a clean, sleeved shirt to substitute, n go get fuel.
.
The winds have been up the past few days too. Driving to work the other day over the D-bridge you could see little white-caps out in the B-cove, but alas, I had no time for to stop for pics.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010The damp, cool weather has reminded me about that achy arthritis affliction again tho. The leg injury is healing, but also complaining.
.
One more work-week to put in before I get to have enough free time to get to so many put-off projects. I've been so burnt-out from enduring the exhausting summer work-load, that I've been in doubt I'd make it to the scheduled vaca week without quitting or collapsing- but the finish is close-
.
Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010
After I get back to work from the upcoming requested time off, it'll be back to lighter orders n cut hours again... n hopefully a much easier time for me. With any luck I'll be caught up n rested enough to get more art accomplished this fall too.
.
I'm optimistic I'll get alot done, altho alot of rest to feel good is important too- I just hope neighbor folks don't mess with my plans too much. At any rate, I've needed to reduce my stress-level for awhile, n not spending energy at work will certainly help.
.
Now, I just need to endure one more crazy week...

10 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger TALON said...

That is a gorgeous photo, Snaggle. I'm glad you're nearing the end of the crazy-busy season and you can have some time to enjoy yourself. We had the two days of rain and are still experiencing the cool temps and I'm loving them. I feel human again. I hope the damp doesn't last long for you!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love that rosy reflection on the wooden walkway of the dock. What a wonderful world you have around you, Snaggle. Just lovely. If those neighbors stay quiet, it will be even lovelier!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

A friend told me today that kids grow mostly while they sleep -- a great idea to get Kelly to turn in earlier.

Glad you got some sleep.

LOVE that first picture. What -- someone left a caulking gun on the post? What is that item??

I relaly like the stream of reflected light on the

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

walkway.

xoxo

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Thanks! I can't wait until this week is over- All my Days Off for weeks now have been cloudy, but yes the cooler temps have felt refreshing. It's forecast to clear for work days again!

Lynn, That reflection's from a streetlamp above the picture frame. Came out better than i hoped- I'll be happy if I get that free time without the college kids downstairs again! then there's the R's about 10 feet out the window- Yes, it would!

JanF, I know compression makes me shorter when I don't lie down enough after being on the feet so long every day-
I knew someone would ask about the gadget! I'm not quite sure if it's a broken caulk gun or a broken fish-hook remover- someone left behind on that piling-top. I wondered too.
Yep, the pretty light makes the shot!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

You’re having fun but you’re not
it rained a lot but it stopped
it cool because it’s not hot

The wind was running by
the white caps were high
the work load is going by by

the pain in the leg is going away
hours are shorter for a few days
no energy used on crazy week you'd say

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Nice photos and nice renditions. We are cooler but we haven't had much rain and we desperately need some.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, It was raining lightly when I was on the wharf- n quite windy too. Work will still be wild n stressful this week. Summer residents will be leaving the Cape soon tho-

Gran Annie, Thanks. Glad to hear it's finally cooled off down there! My state was in drought until this- now inches up from where we were- Hope you get to catch-up on water without flooding problems. Have you tried a rain dance yet?

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I've just returned to the UK and weather is so much colder than it was in AZ, and quite honestly I'm not ready for it, I want the summer to last longer, I want to feel the sun on my body for a few more weeks. I'm not ready for autumn.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, still very warm in AZ, isin't it? Yep, ya can get so spoiled with sunbathing n wearing shorts all the time- Must be tough to deal with going home under those cool clouds again!
At least ya got alot of memories of the warmth! Welcome back anyhow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home