Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flowers for Remembrance

Photo by SnggleTooth Sept 2009
.
.
It's that anniversary again, THAT day, when the world lurched in distress of man-made, violently lost lives. Here's a pic of my one blooming sprig of Forget-me-Nots. They are so small, n tough to photo. We won't forget the 911 victims, either. I'll watch my "In Memoriam" Video, n my "United 93," n "World Trade Center" DVDs this week.
.
The Video which follows the New York event in progress gets me to re-live the feelings I had in my gut that day, a tight knot which roiled in my belly. The realization that being at work just then was not as important as being with people I care about. Work was a trivial excercise when compared to fighting for survival, mourning the victims, n finding out the "Why?" answer.
.
Photo by SnggleTooth Sept 2009.
The intensity of flights n hieghts revisits my mind from that day. Here's a pic of Mischief outside the upstairs deck rail on the roof. She's pretty casual about it, n prob doesn't realize how easily her leg would break if she went over the edge somehow. Luckily, she's sure-footed, n always comes back in when I call her. (The long-ago cat, "MidNight," once broke her leg going off the deck). I'm reminded how fragile n precarious life can be, n in climbing way up there, there's more of a chance we may fall.
.
Photo by SnggleTooth Sept 2009.
Bells toll for the thousands of lost souls, n names are read. Lives are remembered for the shattered families. The beautiful, purple, Canterbury Bells in my pic fit so much on one stem, splayed in all directions. The seeds from seasons before have sprouted in some spots around the yard, I noticed this year. I'm glad the little ones are continuing on, dispite the distance away the original parent. The victims families somehow manage to keep on with their lives.
.
Altho I'm not a direct victim, I'm forever altered by the trauma of 911. It has changed my path, n how I view everything!

8 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I agree, Snaggle - it was a day that changed everything. The forget-me-nots are beautiful. A fitting tribute.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankyou Lynn. I've posted flowers in the past for the day, but Forget-Me-Nots hold new meaning now.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

forget me not, indeed
thank you for this.
Glenn Beck did a powerful show on 9-11 and almost made me cry.

God is good, even when times are not

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, The Creator had us witness these things for some reason- Good must overcome evil for all of our sakes. Thanks

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Lovely tribute, Snaggle.

I finally get to see Mischief - who is obviously aptly named!

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, thankyou. My daughter renamed the "Peanut" kitten, n she has lived up to her adult name almost every day...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

well,as you know 911 was a big day in our lives as Kelly was born, but we always watch the memorials too.

And we have a VHS called "Stranded Yanks," how about how the Atlantic Canadians billeted the ones who couldn't get rent cars to fly home. Talk aobut the truimph of the human spirit. Always makes me cry. 911 pretty-much always makes me cry anyway

Yet, we are America and still free. I do not take my freedom for granted.

xo

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, It's good you have a positive to brighten that date for you!
Some folks I know lost people they grew up with who were in the planes from Beantown. How many times folks flew out from Logan without a care- those days are gone! Now we need passports n searches, our new price for freedom. A date to last thru history, n for you personally too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home