Friday, September 04, 2009

Blinding

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
At two points of my mountain drive odyssey, The low sun was in my eyes while I was under the dense clouds in the rainfall. In the pic, you can still see some of the water sprinkles on the windshield. I was trying to get the reflections off the water on the road in the sunshine I could see, but battery-going-dead cam didn't see it.
.
Today's post n blog reading will be very short due to a swollen shut, n stinging like hell allergy eye. There was way too much dust on the violin I had to clean for playing, because the case wasn't closed all the way last time a few weeks back. I'm very allergic to dust mites, n the clariton taken earlier didn't work this time. (*rats*) My eyes don't want to open in bright light at all, it really hurts. Hopefully benedryl n teabag soaks does the trick in a day or two.
.
Right now I'm basically blind...

9 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Bless your heart - that sounds bad. I hope your remedies work quickly!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

So sorry 'bout your eye, Snag. Mine get like that sometimes too from allergens. I sure hope the teabags have offered some relief?.

Nice shot. It's so hard to drive against the setting sun.

And harder still to stop it from setting.

xo

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I feel ya, rest them purdy eyes. Safe & happy weekend

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Hope the eye swelling goes down quickly so you can enjoy some music time!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Yep, pretty bad pain. Not as swollen today, TG- Thanks

JanF, Once every few years it gets this bad for me- got it good- allergic to too much, with traveling pollen, folks perfume, then nailed in the face with vio-dust. Used green n chamo teabags are great n I drnk them every day too- My pic stopped the sun right in it's tracks!

Paige, Sorry gotta wait for getting to my blog-reading, mostly. I have to- thanks. Been walking around with one eye closed...

Talon, Luckily, I can play with my eyes closed! Thanks

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

And I remember in 1994 when I scratched my corneas from the fine dust of sand-papering wooden steps. Owwwwwwwwwwww.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, wow, I bet that stung pretty bad! When your eye really stings, you can't think about anything else! I have a history of eye-probs, n have been very lucky they still work!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

hi
i did not know you played violin...
it is a lovely instrument

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I remember Hanna plays it- I've never had lessons, just wing it. Was in the closet busted for years, n just fixed up about 15 years ago, then I bought the loud, electric one in '01.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home