Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SeaCraft

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2009
.
.
.
.
Many sea craft were in the narrows, some parked at commercial wharfs for the season, other small craft stopping by the public Center wharf . Regular ESR readers may recognize the "Relic" in dry-dock to the far right from a post pic awhile back. It makes folks think of "The Minnow."
.
I have an affinity for boats, due to having spent six years of my past repairing outboard motors. When I look at these vessels, I'm reminded of the little Italian wise-guy I worked for who's passed on. He had so many stories, n so much to teach. I don't know why I never bought my own boat yet, guess I still think I can make one from a wreck...
.
This pic was taken from the same fishing pier in the previous post.

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love your photos. They make me feel as if I've been there.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I like boats, but they don't like me...they always end up breaking down when I'm on them - lol! I'm just going to have to make sure that I have you on board with me, Snaggle!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

What a beautiful photo. I like boats, too. I've seldom ridden on them, but I like the look of them, especially the older ones. :)

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks n welcome again to SnaggleTooth's local guided tours...

Talon, Hmm, that sounds tough! One time a guy invited me for a ride, but then I found out he needed me to replace the propeller- My cousin said "lets go waterskiing," but first I had to replace the starter... on n on! Boat parts are not made to last! Salt does a job, too, when not cleaned out every use. Myself, I prefer rowboats n canoes!

ThommaLyn, Thankyou. That's a very busy spot lately, now that the rains have let up a bit. I've been painting n building boat-like stuff for many years. Built some little ones with a chisel out of scap wood at 7 years of age! There's always whale-watching cruises...

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I suppose it does look like the Minnow; so do you like Gilligan or the Skipper best or perhaps the Professor but I'm sure not Mr. Howe

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, I'd sure like Mr Howell's status n bux right now! I think alot like the Professor, am down-home, next-door like MaryAnn, believe I can act in films like Ginger, Like to goof around like the Little Buddy, but like to be in control as the Captain more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home