Thursday, August 06, 2009

Vas Es Los?

What is this? What happened to the scenic water, the pretty blossoms? Tales of fish n toe-dipping? What has been robbing SnaggleTooth of her beloved blogging fun?
.
Folks, this is what happens when you tell the property manager that the gutters need help ASAP in June, n then they don't do anything at all for the entire rainy month of July.
Photo of SnaggleTooth's back room

Voila, August- finally hazy, very hot, n humid. But no swimming or sun basking, or time for anything you'd normally do. Only time to try to out-run the mold, n run damage control!
.
This small apartment has no decent closets. This was my storage room where I was keeping collectables, memorbelia, paper account info, books, supplies, dress clothes on a rack, odd stage props, n many, many odd boxes to sort thru. After six days in a row with three or less hours of sleep per day I'm finally down to one-half, inside wall of boxes left to go thru.
.
My storage space across town, which was rented for my mother's old piano which won't fit in here, is now chock full of stuff I never wanted to put there. I'm totally stressed out n exhausted. Angry is a major understatement.
.
All regular chores are on hold. The lawn is a mile high, along with the ragweed pollen head-ache. To top things off, I hurt my foot (sprain?) on the broken cement stairs carrying out heavy boxes in the dark after work the other night. I had to hurry n move as much as possible before the Insurance adjuster appointment.
.
Not one night of work was missed. The past two were hopping along trying not to flex the offending foot, which is near impossible. I no longer wanna wear a shoe, n will try to dig out my old orthopedic flop soon. (it's buried under a new, taller pile). I have to wear closed shoes at work for safety anyways (darn).
.
I'm so desparate for rest with feet up it isin't funny...

14 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Bless your heart! I'm so sorry - I can feel your weariness, Snaggle. You need a day off just for you - I hope that comes soon.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope the Propert Manager deals with that mold ASAP! I'm so sorry you're having to make all those unplanned trips (especially the type of trips that result in more injury to your foot!!!). I guess if there's any up side, it's that you have a place to store stuff safely temporarily.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

eww.. sorry the landlord is lazy..

and I remember that wall always being cool and damp when I lived there... and that was more than 10 years ago.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thankyou for your empathy n wishes for a day of rest

Talon, Thanks- TG it didn't get into everything yet- I don't think it will all fit in there, n may need another space-

MB, Well it is on the northwest corner- The gutters were backspilling badly, both entire walls will have to be gutted out! At least they are real plaster, so they aren't in as bad a shape as sheet rock would be- of course, that's what the replacement will be...
btw- I have some boxes of stuff for you- like your HS grad cap, yearbooks, n stuff you may wanna read before tossing.
I am beside myself with things I don't want to be doing!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

I guess it's hard to care about a property you don't visit when your drunk all the time. But *shh* I never said that. I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BBM, He couldn't have vaca here cus the kids tore up downstairs, so he didn't do anything- now I have to pay for it! I want my health, rest, n free time back!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear this. You must be absolutely worn out.

You're in my thoughts, and I hope you can get a day of rest and relaxation very soon.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

This sucks, Snag. Sleep will help things out a lot, I hope you can get some soon, some rest to ease the stress if possible. Just let the things that can wait, wait.

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ThommaLyn, I'm way too tired to think straight! Finally taking some blog time today after scrubbing the walls with vinegar. Thanks for your thoughtful rest wishes-

JanF, six hours of sleep was heaven today! Things that can't wait are on hold- I don't have clean work clothes for next week, n the lawn is quickly turning into jungle...

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

yeah! I'll take the boxes of stuff.
Not sure where to keep it in the meantime, though. I have been wanting to grab the remainder of my crap for a very long time now!.. I know I've got some prom dresses in the closet too.. I had wanted to donate them somewhere.. there's no way I'll be fitting into those again!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Snaggle, make sure that sleep is a priority! I know it's hard with all this stuff going on, but you need to be healthy!

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, the closet stuff still looks okay at least. Still have to pack it up- all the old games are still in there. Those were the days-
Of course I hafta figure out how to resevous with your local road-trip for work or something- Maybe we could send the gowns for Ry?

Talon, Thanks-I'm so out of it n sick it isin't funny- you are right! I need rest badly. I'm suffering a bit from mold poisoning- I read it causes severe fatigue n depression- great! Luckily I found out vinegar kills mold, so been washing the walls to slow it down- pu!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

gowns to Ry not a bad idea.. although will prob be out of style by the time she could use them ask Eil. maybe bbm can hold my items until we can meet up again. I'll ask her

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, your gowns are nice, never know when "dress up" will be fun, depends on the invites- Still working on repacking stuff- ugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home