Friday, August 14, 2009

Unspace

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2009
.
..
A wild beauty was peeking out from a tight spot between rocks n a hard place on the D-bridge last week.
.
Rain n more rain for Day Off today. The lawn remains wild. All the available yard blossoms to spy are stunted n mis-hapen this week. Some squiggly-looking brown-eyed-Susans finally arrived in my deck containers, but are tall n falling over in the heavy rain. The little one in the lawn by the front walk (shown in Fall leaves Awhile Back) now has three flower stalks, but they are very tiny.
.
I'm depressed to see today that my Sage herb is shriveled up. The Thyme is teeny. My time to do anything about any yard stuff is miniscule as well.
.
Missed sleep has me feeling very exhausted. My arms are sore from work with added daily wall-washings of vinegar. Some box sorting, n repacking is getting done, but the carrying to the truck n making trips across town is slow. I managed a trip in a downpour before the space place closed tonight. I'm tired of spending my free time this way.
.
Meanwhile, back in the useable part of my little apartment, all the footage is filling in, n becoming non-functional for quickly finding any desired gizmo. Living here right now is inconvenient, to say the least.
.
Feeling stressed- I can not wait until the work detail folks decide to get this all over with. Looks like it will be a long haul. I'm betting the work will cause me yet even more severe sleep deprivation n aggrivation. My mood is already grinding, n I'm ready to go off with just a little push the wrong way...
.
I don't know how I'll endure living like this! I want alot of roomy space, time off, vacation, sleep, relaxing, reading, guitar playing all day, painting, sunlight, time to spend with the little ones, n friends. I don't have any of that until further notice.
.
It all seems so unfair- to be robbed of my normal home life, n still have to pay for it. To have no room to function, n still pay full rent, n for storage too. I'm paying with lost time n activities that could earn me the catch-up on bills bux I need. So far I've lost all the sleep, done all the work, n done all the paying, while no one else has been inconvenienced at all...
.
Hopefully, I'll survive this somehow, n hang tough like the little flower did at the bridge, 'til all the water washes these troubles away...

10 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I am exhausted for you reading this. Seems like you should be able to get a break on the rent, Snaggle. Hang tough - like the flower. I hope there are better days ahead.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

*hugs* move all your stuff downstairs and tell them that until the situation is solved upstairs you'll hang tight... I know you won't do it, but you can't be living with mold... it makes people very sick!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Love nature's tenacity.

Snaggle, isn't there anyway your landlord could reduce and/or rebate you some rent? It's not right to be paying full rent in circumstances like that!

Yeah, this wet summer and lack of sunshine has wreaked havoc in the flower beds. The only beds we have that are doing okay - though a bit tall and gangly - are the ones in the front yard.

Hoping things get resolved soon so you have time to take some much needed R & R!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

Talon- the thing is with the landlord that she has is that, I bet if she were to ask for such a thing, they would threaten to make her leave.. not evict but ask her to leave with the 30 days notice or whatnot.. the problem with this is that where my mother lives, rent is outrageous even for studio apartments due to all the tourists driving up prices. equally as challenging as finding an affordable place to live is finding a rental which allows pets.. You would think that the landlord at my mom's place would be considerate and understanding as she has lived there since I was a wee one.. yet they are not

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

It's amazing how the flower can grow in the hardest of places. very inspiring.
Not sure I understand your situation, but it doesn't good.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Folks, Sorry to be such a whiner in this post- but this is what's going on with me-

Lynn, Thanks, you wouldn't believe how tired I've been- Better Days are definately comin! When I can sleep on my Day Off like other folks!

MB, I don't have the key since it got changed again after the kids moved. I don't know why D didn't offer to let me move some stuff down there for the work to get done. He still thinks I should put my nice stuff in the bug-infested, mildewy shed- but I won't!
I read Mold poisoning causes severe fatigue n depression, things I'm already dealing with, this adding a gumdrop on top= So a plastic over the door n fan out the window to keep spores out of the rest of the house, n limiting time spent in there.

Talon, I just knew you were gonna say that nifty word "Tenacity" again! I actually don't mind the yard being plant-woild...
Maybe I'll send them a copy of my rental space bill n suggest a rebate- Still I'm out sleep, fuel, time, n new artwork- Does your front face south?
The best-looking deck plants I got this year, were slashed away today- Ragweed! I put new types of seed n n wanted to make sure it wasn't the new ones or Bachalor Buttons-
Thanks me too-

MB, Thanks for trying to explain about the hard-a** owners, who are apparently better than other folks Cus they're city folk...

Cookie, It's wonderful to realize it can happen- not sure if it was a red jonquil, but only seen jellow ones before-
Read about the mold problem 5 posts down in Vas Es Los? I'm so crowded in now- I can't stand it!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Hi Snaggle Tooth,
I feel for you, having to live in these conditions. I hope your situation improves soon.
And thanks for your words of support. I'm sure KB did not sleep with anyone to get where she is. She just happened to be in the right place at the right time. She then manipulated me by withholding information, feeding me false information and then outright lying. Desperation can bring out the best or worst in a person. In her case, it was the latter.
Take care and good luck to you!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Elaine, Thankyou for your visit- Welcome to ESR. I've been running into alot of unfair myself lately... I refuse to be cut-throat towards others, n so find some take advantage to get ahead. Of course I notice, but I don't want to be that way either!
The Meek shall inherit the Earth, just wish we could get ahead easier, too! Hope your things start going better too-

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You still smelling vinegar every where?? Surveys show smelling vinegar is good for the soul for at least up to 3 weeks after smelling mass quantities of it.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Wow, commenting all the way back here! That's interesting. I Know it cleans coffee stains, mold, n is great with sugar in cabbage salad, but not that my soul would get a lift... Yes, all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home