Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Moon Jette

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009

.
.
.
Rain Toad gulped 3 inches of water in the drizzle this week.
The other night it was very difficult to get the deck door open, it was so swollen with the moisture.
.
The New Moon last Saturday with a storm off shore rotating counter-clockwise brought the spring tide up over the jette rocks at my Fav Beach. I've never witnessed the water so high here.
.
The peak vaca time of the year is at my door step. This week-end I expect the regular summer visitors downstairs again for July, n the R's next door too. It's a sad day indeed if folks have a cottage here n never make it to vacation for Independence Day.
.
Last summer was alot less congested as seasons before, except for the month of July. When they cut it down, economically challenged tourists n summer residents tend to pick this time for the one trip.
.
Last July, my summer neighbor n I conjured an "Outer-Limits" segment where all the merchants n restaurants get ready n wait, but no tourists ever show up! It becomes a ghost town enlikened to the middle of frigid January... in balmy July- How weird would that feel?
Of course the only problem I have with that scenario is the economic hit it would be for everyone locally. I'd love to have this village to myself all July if I didn't have to work... Last year seemed the tourists would never show for awhile, until July. Here we are on the last week of June already-
.
Reality dictates it'll be about three months before I'm alone on a beach again. All trips will take longer, n there'll always be lines at the market. Work orders will double, n I'll get so exhausted keeping up working OT that I may collapse.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009
I'll have more plans keeping me busy. The outdoor noise n constant village festivals n concerts of every sort will rob me of more sleep. I have much to do in the warmer weather, if it ever dries out enough. ESR may slow down a bit when so much else has priority.
.
This is busy season. Time to make the whole year or break-water it...

13 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I know just what you mean about wanting your village back to yourself. I always feel like that in Mahone Bay in summer. It is THE tourist place.

When I live there next it will be in a castle high on a hill.

:)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hear you on the congestion and the noise and the crowds, Snaggle. I've lived in quite a few tourist locations (Niagara Falls, Ontario was the crazy-busiest)and that part of it completely sucks. I hope you get some quiet hours sprinkled in with the busy ones so you can enjoy your summer.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

Sounds a bit like sweet and sour sauce.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'll bet your village is lovely.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

We did get a taste of your outer limit episode after hurricane bob when everyone vacated town for the rest of the season. I don't think I want to weather my kids through a hurricane yet though so hopefully won't happen again anytime soon, lol!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

OMG that "storm" on Monday was more like a monsoon!! Trust me for I was in it, outside, from approx 6:30am until 5:30pm doing field work along rt 25 looping in and out of the neighborhood.. getting to various sections of the highway, and a cranberry farmers property.. spent some time on sunday in it as well.. even drove by your place, but giving the hour (7pm or so) you were already at work.. I was showing my work pal around town sunday night after we finished our sunday tasks...

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, High on a hill in a castle... so when the water comes up high n floods, everyone will beg for shelter... I'm on a hill here.

Talon, the traffic messes up my timing on everything, not allowing as much to get accomplished.
I went to Niagra Falls in NY state when I was 7, n remember getting drenched- Yes this place is as bad! I get blocked in alot on this narrow road. Thanks for the well wishes.

Paige, Chicken, not pork!

Lynn, It's okay, but the buildings are very,very crowded. There's a few pics of Uptown in the archive somewhere-

BBM, Yes, but the beach was loaded with washed-up junk- we did go swimming tho- Did you HEAR THAT universe? NOT this year... ok?

MB, you were down here that day? Sorry I missed you. I've been trying to sell pool passes for 20 bux at work all week- The roof there really leaks. Monday D-jr was here banging away so zero sleep again.
At least the power stayed on during it!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Of course I'll welcome in as many folks as will bring beer and donuts! ;)

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I see, the rest can float away...
My prob would be my rooms are too small for very many people- cottages are like that- i suppose a castle could hold 100 or more...

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Hope your weekend is a good one, Snaggle.

I have a Kreativ Blogger award for you to pick up when you have time.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon- how exciting! An award!
Woo-HooEee~
Thanks- (better go see what it is...)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i love your newsy posts, i feel like I am living next door, and getting all the local flavor. God bless you

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Thanks for your long distance neighborliness, GBU2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home