Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Life is a Beach

Lotsa wave action!

Fav beach photo by SnaggleTooth 08/16/06
Two weeks left to the Summer season here on the Cape, n I finally made it to my fav Beach spot within two hours of high tide- Yay! It was late in the day after 3 pm, so the lot attendant who usually collects $2 for residents parking left for the day as I arrived. Score!
I used up my film n decided to get it done on the way home for ya all to see what I've been tryin to get to all year.
...
BTW- This spot is directly across the waterway where Ellen's Grandmother's cottage is located. It's also very close to the spot Ellen visits on her "Mini-vacations."
...
This was the first Cape beach I used to walk the shoreline to as a teen-ager of fifteen, even on my first week-end trip here from the city with my friends. They had a "Cape House" right down the beach from here.
The beach at their house was so rocky, I broke my toes many times....Ya had to go down the bluff cliff on these horribly un-even ricketty wood and sometimes rock steps, about three flights high. It was pretty dangerous back in the day when ya consider we were chugging lotsa alchohol n trying not to fall off. I remember having to crawl up them loaded in the dark from the beach once, too (only tried that one time) It was pretty scary!
Wish those were my biggest worries now...
...
I loved this town so much I decided to move here when I was 18, n haven't lived outside the town limits yet. I've so far managed to make it to this Fav beach a minimum of once per summer all these years.
I'm sure ya can see why.
...
I don't stay the entire day at the beach like other people. I get there, sit a few minutes, go swimming about a half-hour, get out, dry off a little in the sun n breeze, then leave. Usually about an hour spent there. I see no sense in baking all day, n never have that kind of time anyway.
...
I've got many more pics of other stuff to post up later, so stay tuned.
...
I hope you all get a quiet hour somewhere you can rejoice in the beauty of nature n unwind very soon...

8 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i spent some relaxing time in the Rocky mountains, some by the lake, some walking throough touristy villages, it was all new and all good for me. Summer is too short, but fall in the mountains can be delicious. Glad you had that hour or so on the beach!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi David, Fun out in the natural world is way underated lately!
Did ya go all the way to Colorado? I have e cousin there in the Rockies. He loves it. I'll be over to read soon. Glad ya go in some quality "me" time there, we all need some!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i miss the beach! that was always a good beach b/c the sandbars kept the ground nice under the water. and if you were afraid that there was a crab you could often look down and check first before touching bottom...

the waves were always good there too. not the horseflys tho.. nothing like a holiday trip to the ER to make one's day. which really sicked btw.. seeing as they only said to take friggin' benadryl. those bastards.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I can't thank you enough for posting a picture of the beach. I may be going to the mountains this weekend, but my heart is right there on the sand.

Thanks for your kind sweet words on my blog, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the pictures you post.

Will chat with you when I get back!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Peaceful looking spot. 3 sets of steps while drinking?

Oh I know I'd have fallen off and broke something. LOL

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, it was too breezy for the flies Weds, n the waves were a good swim-ride. I had good timing, n went by myself...

Ellen, Have a great time!

Neo, the toughest part was when we started giggling n had to stop going up until we could stop! I guess you could say we were funtional-drunkards!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - LOL, sounds like the people I used to drink with. Man, I put someone's kid through college with my drinking. ;)

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, We had a Friday n Saturday night party hearty policy every week! A core group of 7 people plus stragglers. It used to be so easy to buy booze underage back then, especially down on the Cape. I basically already stopped drinking by the time I was legal...

Those parties rocked, tho- great memories

 

Post a Comment

<< Home