Saturday, August 27, 2005

Won't Be Long Now...

Labor Day is on the way fast, one more week! Got a bit of company outside this week-end, the loud one with the big boat, 3 trucks, rap- blasting and skateboarding teen-agers, and barking dogs. (Which are tied so the husky pees on my stairs, which I have to wash PU n thrills me to no end). I've been very allergic to the pollen lately. Was gonna head to the beach today until some one outside decided to mow the lawn, so I had to close the windows (like over 80 degrees) and doors and wait an hour roastin up a sweat... then got a big head-ache n said Never Mind, maybe tomorrow... Maybe it'll stay warm for a few September swims this year... (After everyone leaves!)
I tend to not be able to concentrate well while they are here, and got a bit to try to do to answer ads n stuff this week, makes sleeping n working at home very tough! Just keep telling yourself, It Won't Be Long Now... !
The rainfall is still less than 1/4th of an inch for the month here, very low n dry. My flowers are doing well lately, though, pretty red poppy, blue Bachelor Buttons, Brown-Eyed-Susan's and a few I haven't figured out yet... Still waiting on 2 types of Lavender (can't wait, so yummy smelling) basically, they're not dead yet... I'll get some seeds for next years, and perenials so won't need to keep replanting everywhere. Right when I thought the last of Mrs Jones's Aloe were finally all done thriving, they sprouted up new shoots and came back, I was very surprised. When we were in Marshfield, D & J mentioned they saw her death notice about two months ago in the Boston paper. I have her huge Jade tree also.

And the 'possum is still avoiding being caught with the loud people here so far, though likes to steal their animal food n manages to slip past the large dog to get it. Maybe they're only stupid when they're in the road, this one seems good at climbing up the wall... and is sly...

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

hope you get some rain this week, and with katrina remnants on the way, it's looks promising... been raining here all day, a nice light rain. boy did we need it.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger jurassicpork said...

I have a 14 y/o Husky/Shepherd mix that pees and shits on my floor all the time (in fact, she went on the floor while I was at Wal-Mart). Saw your post on driftglass's site. Btw, I'm a fellow Bay Stater. Where on the Cape do you live? I'm in Hudson.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger jurassicpork said...

Btw, did I mention that I, too, am a published poet?

Nowadays I write novels, when I'm not obsessed with blogging.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger flleenie said...

Of course, here in good old FLA the water is sooo warm...we can swim well into November, not to brag or anything!

You know, for someone with alot, and I mean a lot of allergies , it surprises me to hear about you planting all of those flowers!!

Anyway, Mrs Jones was still alive 2 months ago????? How old was she 100??

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Flleenie,
Bingo! you get the How do u do that? Prize!
Very carefully, that's how!
I think Margaret was in her mid-eighties still, (80 when Mom was still alive) and was 25 years younger than her pre-deceased old man, I remember that "robbed the craddle" story, and the sound of her rapid voice telling it... I bet D&J read the age...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home