Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Time





It's the great Pumpkin patch, Charlie Brown -
Note the basketball on the left in the shot to use for a pumpkin size scale indicator. This patch was spied in someones yard near to the beach here weeks ago.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
This year for Halloween I will try not to be ticked off I have to work n will miss all the fun with young ones I know.

I'll bring some assorted hard candies to work for everyone, n that will be the extent of my planning. If I dress up, what I wear would be ruined for other place wearing in that one day, due to the messy nature of my duties.

Mystery Imageby SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
Don't know how picked this altered foliage one off the stick folder,
n can't find it again! Won't let me put text next to it either! Must be possessed...



  


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
 On Halloween night this year the news has reported to expect an asteroid, predicted to flyby Earth at about 300,000 miles distance. The moon is orbiting about 240,000 miles out according to my old college astronomy text, In Quest of the Universe, Karl F. Kuhn. Hopefully the distance away is enough to not cause a problem.

 I always wonder at the accuracy of these estimates.  My work product count estimates are always very close, at least!


Sadly, of all the campy decs outside at the house, I've been identifying some empathy with this caged spirit the most.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015

Also the "Fall Back" for Daylight Saving time is scheduled for Halloween night, so the ghosts can get in a spare hour of booing and / or moaning.

A slew of clueless workers may be early for work Sunday, too. Actually, they don't even have to worry about clock setting if they are reading SmartPhone time. I'm probably the only one who isin't... That IS scary!

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

There are worse things than not being on clock phone time. Actually your brain has to think if you are not! I like those Halloween blends. My night will be quiet and without spirits...unless I make a cocktail.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Love those pics! Very innovative. Sorry you are feeling caged.

I always like "fall back" because I get that hour of sleep back. :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

My dad's pumpkin patch did very well too.

I didn't even know it was the time change where we get the gift of an extra hour. The one in the spring can be tough. :( But, I've made it through 51 so far I'll probably survive another. :) And hopefully many more!!!

No wonder you are always doing so much laundry, getting messy at work! :) I have a load to take out of the washer now.

Yes, the asteroid came pretty close to our yard here in Texas. I had to sweep all the asteroid dust off Kelly'S trampoline the next morning.

And a tune, including the moon. A verse from one of the songs we used to sing at Kelly's Alma Mater of Parkside Montessori School.

the moon is riding 'round the earth
as the fireflies are giving birth
a light bursts out, i see a flame
it's all a pattern in the game...

I think that one is called FireFly.

xooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I still have 2 analog clocks on the old time, it helps my brain adjust. Thanks. I always am aware of spirits- alcohol helps sometimes!

Lynn, Thanks. It's amazing how that hour felt so luxurious this year- I am always rushed!

Jannie, Tons of pumpkins more- Cool song lyrics! There was a sci-fi show called Firefly by Joss Wheaton I really would like to watch on dvd again , if I can ever get the old TV in my room to play a dvd... Thanks for reminding me of their theme song. "...You can't take the sky from me.."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home