Thursday, October 22, 2015

Different Styles

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
When I got up Saturday about noon, the open door of the bedroom across showed a compelling n mis-leading view.

There on the beautiful, shag rug was a huge pile of straw / shavings around a block with a ripped apart top, of what looked like stuff to use in a hamster cage.


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
 Up on the bed-cover was a group of sleepy felines. My initial thoughts were that it looked like the usually very playful cats had clawed up the block n created the mess on the carpet. No one was around, so I grabbed the cam n got pics, thinking the person who had the room would flip out upon seeing this-

Posting the pic with the caption "Well, our work is done here, nap-time" flashed thru my brain.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015

I'd had little uninterrupted sleep that day because of the person's visiting grandkids noise. Then when folks came in I found out it had actually been the older pre-teen child who'd made a scare-crow dummy Halloween decoration for the yard. Upon them returning from a ride, her grand parent in a regular tone just told her "That was an out-side activity." She went out to play with the dummy while the grand-parent got a shop-vac n cleaned it all up for her.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015

It occurred to me that not only were our kitchen habits opposite, (hers in a dish-pan, waiting to wash later- Mine washed not left in the sink,) but I told them that a big difference between me n that grandparent was, I would have made the offender clean her mess, so she would learn not to do it again. The youngster did not catch any flack for that mess at all. She learned she can get away with it, n not even offer to help a little cleaning... At least she should learn to use a drop-cloth before beginning messy projects.


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015


Some people don't bother solving problems, n are doomed to more of the same. I always try to remedy future problem repetition.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015


Some folks are driven crazy when I suggest actual solutions...
Everyone likes dealing with kids their own way.
I guess some folks even like those bumpy pumpkins!

6 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Wondering if visits from the kids are few and far between and she does not want to make waves so that they always like visiting her? It does look like someone needed to be supervised with that mess, though! Nothing worse for a shag and I bet she is picking bits and pieces up for weeks.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

My children and grandchildren all could make bigger messes than that. Believe it or not, I see them so rarely now I would enjoy seeing their remnants of creativity.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's funny that the kitties are sleeping right through that - I would think they would have been having a field day with that stuff. :)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, She tries not to upset them, yep- They are allowed the spoiled behavior n also speak rudely without correction. Would never happen with mine- They are thoughtful of consequences- These kids have none!

Gran Annie, A shame they haven't had more visit time recently- school and all. Cheer-up, holidays are right around the bend from here, hope you see them then. Thanks

Lynn, I thought for sure that would be a fun time for them too- but they tucker out quickly these days n get many cat-naps.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Oh to be a cat and just sleep through everything like that!

I find it hard to get my kids to tidy up after themselves. I think we've been too easy with them, and now I regret it.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Parents always realise late what they should've trained the kids to do-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home