Thursday, August 06, 2015

A Gust

Altered Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015
Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015The skies looked threatening Tuesday, but my area was spared any damages from weather. The news had reports of a water spout near Boston off of Hull, n 2 inch hail.  Luckily the tropical weather here doesn't last very long.

Most of my house plants are beginning to adjust to the different conditions of their new window. The one casualty so far is the small pot of Thyme I have inside. The Lemon thyme is still alive tho- I hope this is not an indication of how my time will be here... The one out in the back yard is doing okay.

I have so few plants now compared to what I'd have if I hadn't moved. It's pathetic I can't seem to even keep up with them, making sure the heat doesn't boil them while I'm out...

Well we've been doing steamy here a few weeks. No ac n only one window open in my room. The kittens destroyed the other screen right after it was repaired. I have two small fans going in here, but it has been oppressive trying to sleep to say the least.

The Kitten gang is getting famous for wrecking stuff around here lately. A few minutes ago they erased my desktop game score, n this text- luckily I have this app set to only save on command, so I could exit n open to get it back again. Of course, I had no idea they were even in the room, where
I always keep the door closed...

So much to get used to here- like giving up finding something when there's no time left to look. In most cases it would be easier to buy new ones, looking always makes another pile to move in order to eat or sleep.

I'm having quite a tough time getting used to fitting in showers n laundry around the 4 other people here. When I come home late from work, two other people are getting ready for work at 5 n 6 am, so I have to wait for them, or sleep n then wait around the other after getting up.

 I'm really going to make an effort this week to get to the beach down the road on my bike before the weather gets cool again. I've lined up a few vaca days off in September to get this place a bit more functional, hopefully.

Susan's Rose Trees (I think that's what the name is), are blooming out in the garden out back, n I've spotted some humingbirds which I missed with the cam. Oh well. I'll just be grateful If I can get any altered pics of them uploaded because they came out awesome last night.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015

11 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I see you’re back
With round eyed
Green mustache men

With a smelly green guy
Standing in a flurry
Of green bees

Yet the one I like
Is the totem pole of
Rainbows for us to see

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Really interesting photos. Your back yard is something peaceful and uplifting on "those days." Sorry there is no AC, that has to be hard on people, plants and equipment. Cooler weather in a few weeks. Hang in there. (Yeah, I know, easy for me to say.)

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Kittens??!!! Oh, kittens. I'm gonna have to scroll down and see if there is more mention of these frisky beings.

The cat had kittens
and the dog had pups
tell me, young Snaggle
is your rhubarb up?

Just a silly verse my brother and I used to recite, customized for you.

As to the thyme, for everything turn, turn, turn, there is a season. And it was the thyme's time.

And I was thinking it was my impatiens time, as the bulb out front had burnt out and the deer had a supergood munch. But I see little shoots and now leaves sprouting up the spindly-legged stalks. So maybe I shall have blooms again this season. New bulb in, and barricading the front walkway with a ladder and stool. Also using my car as a partial barricade on the other side. Cute deer, tho. Maybe 10 or 12 in a pack with at least 4 fawns. Rainy spring saw them flourish, I think. But now... vacant treed lots being built on in this hood. Anyway, everybody's gotta eat. And have water. But let them munch the neighbors' grass. :)

xooxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

herd, I guess, and not pack of deer. :)

xo

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh, and as I think of it now, possibly those are the Rose of Sharon?

Have fun on your bike! Big Harley :) :) Bicycle!! Right?

xoxo

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I believe Jannie is right - they are Rose of Sharon. I was in a garden last weekend and those were pointed out.

Glad you are settling in and that you have entertaining kittens!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I'll be doing the rain dance
Around the Rainbow Totem
Pole if those Bees
Are after me...

I'm Allergic!

Wish I had more time for witty prose- Thanks

Tabor, My tomatoes are burning on the vine out there- Hope some come out ok. The house plants except the succulents are all going brown too. i hanging as best can be expected... Luckily all in New England is temporary! Thanks

Jannie, no Rhubarb, peas, or beans either- But had a strawberry yesterday at least- My friend found abandoned kits under her porch who needed vet help n nursing. Look like KitKat's cousins too. I'll try more pics in the future. They're about 4 months now.
\
If I could save Thyme
before it dies
In a Bottle
I could sing with
Jim Croce.

Do play the song with finger-picking too. My impatiens are impatiently dieing slowly in their window- n outside they are in the little seedling pots ok tho- You should plant some greens for the deer, n get some unsightly chicken wire like me...

Jannie, as long as they aren't followed by a pack of coyotes...

You are correct, n I knew that right after I got locked off the Library computer-
Keep peddling!


Lynn, I figured out my error after I could think again while not under time pressure. Glad somebody knows n isin't afraid to speak up for me! Thank you.
I'd never seen them before- They look kind of like huge primrose the wrong colors.
The Kittens are entertaining n make me play everyday, despite my sad mood about all that I've been thru recently.


 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Here in the UK no house has A/C but then we rarely need it, but I assume it gets really hot there. I couldn't survive without it in AZ though.

The showering sounds a nightmare. It must be hard sharing when you've been used to your own space.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, The difference between here n AZ is the horrendous humidity that makes you feel ill for walking in it- been sweating so much this summer. I should write a post about the bathroom juggles here! I've been so spoiled by myself really-

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

They do look like KitKat's cuzzins, from the post below.xooxoxo

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, never know- Mommy abandoned them under the porch. 4 months ago-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home