Thursday, February 02, 2012

Strange Story

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2012

* * *
We were in the kitchen. My white-collared, grey-bearded, tall Husband was puttering about the cupboard, putting away groceries. Giggling near the table stood my pre-teen daughter, arm extended, playing string chase with her half-grown kitten skittering about the floor.

I'd been cleaning some dishes, almost done, but the sink was clogged n filling high with water. I reached over the counter n hit the garbage disposal switch, instigating a loud roar of grinding, while all else seemed to momentarily dissappear.

From my peripheral view I sensed more clamour, turned n saw the kitten legs splayed wide, landing in the sink from a huge leap. The sink was still full of water beginning to funnel down into the steel blades. She desperately clawed at the side of the sink. I scrambled to the switch, but not fast enough- through the rushing water I saw Kitty's rear feet descend into the large drainhole.

The noise lowered quickly, but far too slow. I grabbed Kitty up under her armpits, then wrapped her hanging legs in one hand n turned her to inspect the feet. One paw was missing a clean slice off it's center pad. I swiveled, holding the dripping wet, in shock, n submissive Kitty, knowing she needed a quick bandage, n I couldn't let go.

"Please Hon, Grab me the Bacitracin, Then some cotton n tape-"

Hon began searching in all the first aid storage zones, the drawer, the medicin bin, The bathroom cabinet, the travel Bag...

"I can't Find the Bacitracin!"

I stood with both hands securing kitty from further injury, n waited, n waited, with a growing sense of dread n dispair that without the Bacitracin, the wound would get infected, n the bandage would stick to the open wound. The almost empty tube had to be there somewhere, but my hands were tied!

I felt helpless, n guilty for turning on the sink disposal...

N Then I awoke.

* * *
Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2012

I'd woken up several times, too groggy n unmotovated to get up yet. Some sleep study experts previously reported that folks only enter REM after 4 hours, but it's common for me to dream within minutes of falling asleep.

It was one of those quick, fall back into sleep dreams that left me with so many questions today.
..........................................................

Where did this one come from?

First of all, I wish my kitchen was large, bright, n shiny like that one, but it isin't. I don't have a sink garbage disposal. That's ok, I don't like them. I'm single now, my children are grown, moved out many years ago, n my last kitty left since '07 is over a dozen years old.


That wasn't really me there. But the core of the story- grabbing the kitty to take care of her, n the Bacitracin importance to do that- is.

Flashback:

Awhile back in High School, I raised generations of lab mice for intelligence experienents, (I attended the State Science Fair at MIT). My first old mouse, Ben, (named from the original "Willard" film), got picked on by an aggressive son. I heard them fighting n broke it up, getting him out of there. Poor Ben's ear pinae had been totally bitten off!

I gave Ben his own little cage from then on, n applied Bacitracin ointment several times per day to his ear until his wound healed. But- I kid you not- His ear didn't just heal...It grew back!

The new pinae wasn't uniformly round, as a regular mouse ear, but wavy, n larger than the non-altered one. Bacitracin's ability to heal skin made a very large impression on me.
.............................................................

Just last week I used Bacitracin on two wounds from work, the back of a heel with skin scrapped off by a malfunctioanal heavy, metal, food rack, n a large, openned blister on my right thumb knuckle. Both healed quickly with out infection.

My tube of good stuff is getting low... so guess what I bought at the store today...

..............................................................

Maybe I missed some sublimital meaning... What does the dream dictionary tell me?

Kitchen- Nourishment. Productivity. New developments in life.
Husband- Partner. Commitment.
Daughter - Youthful feminine self. Ready to express youthful receptivity.
Child or children - Innocence. The new self seeking to develop. Part of self nature is childlike
Floor - Foundation. Need to create some stability.
Young/Youth - Vigor. Freshness. Need for experience and understanding.

Cat - A feminine aspect. Cats attacking you represent the enemies; if you succeed banishing them you will overcome great obstacles and rise in fortune and fame.
Water - Cleansing. Life. Emotions. Ask yourself about your current feelings.
loud noise- not found
Machinery - Convenience. Richness and happiness. Hard work ahead. Good profits. Prosperity.
Injury - Damage ready to be repair. Work on old wounds
Skin - This dream is related with sensitivity. Keep calm and think carefully before you make any major decisions.
Foot - Basic beliefs. Direction in life. You should mend your ways in life otherwise you will suffer from your foolishness.
medicine missing
Medicine - Healing. Antidote. Big joy without profits.
unresoved problem - not found
Repairing - Damage or injury. Making amends. Ready to fix a situation.
hands tied up
Hand - Capacity and competence. Expect big work ahead, meanwhile must take better care of own affairs.
Guilt or Guilty - Endurance. Tribulation. Treason. Judgement. Ready to forgive or be forgiven.
..............................................................

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2012
Hmmm.... alot to think about there with the negative states of them in the dream applied...

Such as: water going down into the chopper hurting the cat's foot with no way to fix = Emotions churning about beliefs of female society aspects like being stuck in low-paid work, n unable to get power over the sitation... Perhaps!

9 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Wow that was some dream! I was so relieved when you said you woke up!

It was like a flash back in some ways, but it seems to me maybe someone was telling you not to run out of that cream I've never heard of!

I had a mouse that would scratch off his ears but they regrew again without cream!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I think all the things you strung together are your solution for that very interesting dream. I sometimes (rarely) will go into REM after waking in the early morning.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Or as is the story with cats having 9 lives, you were self-reflecting over losing 1 of your own lives in a subtle way?

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger TALON said...

That was a nightmare! Whew - you had me on the edge of my seat, Snaggle! I'm glad it was just a dream. It's always interesting when you look past the obvious and try to figure out just what the heck our subconscious is up to when we're sleeping. Glad your heel and thumb healed quickly, Snaggle.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Actually it's clear ointment, n I'd never want to be without it. You had a mouse? Yours regrew ears too? Wow. Maybe I should've done a science project on that- but back then genetics was only theory/

Tabor, All those meanings are a bit complicated to appluy, such as the hands were unavailable, so the meaning not having the ability to take care of my own situation... No medicine, ect...
I've had dreams in 10 minute naps- I get very tired since working nights tho-

Neo, interesting assessment! My Kitties foot almost got chopped off, n I did it! Maybe... Let's face it, my youth is gone- the Kitty was young, my daughter there was young... n Hon was useless...

Talon, Yes, definately a nightmare! Sometimes I get intense like that. I'm still working on the what it may mean to me besides apprehension! It contained such detail too, I had to write it down. Thanks.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I have never heard of Bacitracin. Must be like Neosporin?

And SO RELIEVED it was only a dream, as you told it so real, I thought for sure it was.

A helpless kitten, and you feeling helpless. Swirling water. Down the drain. Maybe a sign of rebirth too.

xoxo

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

I knew once you said garbage disposal, that the story wasn't true. lol. did you look that up in the dream dictionary? I wonder what "garbage disposal" means?

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Yes, antibiotic plus goo. I didn't realize that term was local- it isin't a brand name, but the type of product. It did seem real when I was having it- The noise seemed loud n real also- the Dictionary mentioned nothing of hearing sounds at all! I'll take your interpretation into account also- Thanks

MB, The green section is all excepts from the online Petrix dictionary n lists what wasn't found there too. I also have 3 hard-copy dictionaries, bot they are too buried to check out now. Yep, I'm just glad the kitten still had legs! How do you explain that one to the vet? Thanks

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Maybe you should have crammed the hubby down there instead of the kitten? ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home