Saturday, August 15, 2009

Need to Dream

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 15 2009 .
.
After my trip to storage today, I sent myself on a photo side trip. It's been awhile since I've felt like it. Wish I'd worn my bathing suit under my clothes, cause it was high tide n warm enough to swim. Toe dipping n walking up n down fav beach in the surf was accomplished.
.
If that activity can't cheer me up, nothing can. There were some new little n quick birds with woody-brown markings on white I need to ID. I finally found my "Birds of North America" hardcover during re-packing activities. Now I need time to search the pages. I wanted pics, but you guessed it. I blinked, n they magically dissappeared before I could turn the cam!
.
The lawn got mowed during dusk. I finished up by street lamp light. Thought I'd never get done, due to the tall, thick stuff clogging up the clipping collector getting full every five minutes or less- had to keep stopping to empty it. Whew, That's finally done. Now I just need hours to trim shrubs n pull out bittersweet vines.
.
I've been very sentimental recently due to bumping into all kinds of memory items while going thru boxes. I've found alot of cool old pics of the kids. Wish I had places to hang them all- Need to perform a few wire repairs first. An item which unexpectedly knocked me for a loop was a postcard from my Mom that was in papers taken off the frig door back in the '90's.
.
I really miss getting her postcards she sent from every trip she took. She loved to travel, n went far often. Her all time fav trip was to Aussi n New Zealand. I'd like to go there someday, too. The postcard was just from Georgia, n mostly talked about weather cause it was snowing here at the time, but I read so much emotion into it. Fifteen years later, I'm very glad my Mother took the time n thought to do this for me. Who could guess I'd still appreciate a piece of paper with her writing to me on it all this time since she's been gone? I'm having a tough time looking at the stuff from cleaning her house out, too.
.
Jannie Funster has been out of the country n awol from the net for just a few days now, n I'm a basket case! Her silliness is just good medicine for my moodiness. I'm challenged feeling amused at life this week, with the mold issue weighing on me. (I'm still waiting to hear from the folks who are supposed to help fix it.) It's difficult for me to enjoy my time while all this is up in the air. I'm one who likes things done.
I feel relief at getting to fav beach for pics, n for getting the lawn done. The next big relief will be getting the work done in the back room, n getting my things back again. I'm hoping this doesn't stretch on indefinately into fall, so I still can't be comfortable in here for so much time. I need to dwell on other stuff.
.
Well, the positive side is, I'm cleaning up alot which needed sorting n ditching. I'd like to have the time to do more tho, n sleep too. It's hard to feel so tired all the time. I'll try to keep shifting focus to walking in ocean breaks (sore feet are soothed), n eating chocolate ice cream more often.
.
It's now alot of work to lift my spirits. Of course hitting the lottery jackpot could work wonders... ! It's one of my fav dreams,
.
"What would I do right now if...?"
- Pay folks to do all this lifting n moving stuff down the stairs in the heat
- get a nice hotel room before I buy a new, bigger home with alot of storage space
- ditch the night job
- sleep as long as I feel like all week
- visit folks like MB n Nene
- concentrate on procrastinated art projects, n just goof off doodling all the time
- Spend time lounging n reading outdoors while the weather's still warm
- buy a boat to paddle around the coves
- buy a new 22mpxl cam to get way better quality pics
- plan some travels n send my folks postcards
.
Wow, this all sounds so much better than what I'm doing lately!
(There, that helps)
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 15 2009

11 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That sounds like a nice outing. And it the lines about your mother are so lovely. Jannie will be so excited to read your comments about her blog.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Hi there ST - it must be great to be near some beaches - we are on the side of Melbourne away from the beach. Janni should be home by now!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger TALON said...

What's a life without dreams?

Love the photo and glad you had some quality R and R time.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Yup the years can go by pretty quickly we blink and other 10 pass...

Hope that heat we're seeing up here isn't visiting you guys down there because this has been a wicked heat storm for the last week and a half. Quite unnatural for here.

Good luck with the mold!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

some things never get easier but the bitter sweet smile and tingley feelings of the heart can be nice. Here's to wishes of winning the lottery...I could so live the life of Riley or some other rich and famous person. yeah cool toes in dipping

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

A very nice thoughtful observational post.

Sounds like you were able to partially recharge your batteries this past weekend.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, It was a last minute thing, n wish I'd thought ahead more for swimming. Jannie may already know her silliness is contageous to me-

Robin, Hi n welcome to ESR. I can see the water here everyday, but rarely get to go in it! I get minutes instead of hours, or an hour instead of the day of time most folks give themselves for the beach. Jannie traveled 2k+ miles, so she may want to spend a week before turning about, I'd think- I've an old neighbor from childhood now living near Queensland beaches.

Talon, Art doesn't get very far without dreams, nor do I!
Thankyou

Neo, it gets difficult after awhile to recall when some things happened, due to the speed of the years wizzing by- Always write the date!
You finally got a blast of heat? Congrats u Northern Folks!
Yes, we're doing heat wave right now- that it's workdays again...
The mold keeps growing n I keep washing-yuc-

Paige, Thanks for understanding the nature of seeing these items, some folks haven't had to do it yet... I could so get someone else to work in this heat while I go swimming- My left foot got sprained last week, n they are pounding every day from over work.

G, Thanks, you realize it wasn't planned, but formed itself after I uploaded pics n relayed my day again. Then magically, it all makes sense, n I figure out a title. I have really tried to get at least 6 hours of sleep per day this week.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

A couple of stunning pix, as usual.

I would do about the same list of things as you if I won the lottery. Plus buy a magic wand so I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever and never get fat.

Stopping in from Canada.

xoxoox

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks for the foriegn territory visit! Looks like you brought summer North with you.
Magic wand is a good idea, but mine would have to instantly make me lose what I've already gained from eating free work food... N I'm about to eat another croissant n muffin...

ThommaLyn, Thankyou. This mold can't get out of here soon enough!
I remember thinking my Mom was kinda showing off with all those cards, but now I think it's amazing she always did that, n all 5 kids got them.
This humidity n heat is getting tough to feel good in, I think- I'm waiting for vaca off work a few days to get me into an ok spot-
These pipers are faster than anything I've ever seen- they jump ten feet away into the saltmarsh grass seeming to dissappear before your eyes!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

silly, silly, silly, silly.

Sorry my current post is not so silly, but life's like that sometimes.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks for making up for lost time- with so much silly medicine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home