Saturday, August 08, 2009

Grind

It can be difficult to endure the summer week-end festivals here. There's barely a lane to drive thru in front of my house today.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2009
.
It was dry enough to mow the lawn, but too many cars were parked on the edges of it, so nevermind. I wanted to take a few trips out with stuff, but was so blocked in from backing out easily, nevermind.
.
I'm reminded why I don't like being in the city. Too many people... I couldn't sleep well due to all the slamming doors as visitors parked. So altho I allotted six hours to sleep, it was interrupted. This building is far from sound proof, n also tends to vibrate with loud noises outdoors.
.
I'd waited hours before errands, n the traffic was the worst it's been in town all year. I was even blocked in the gas station with a motorcycle caravan coming from the festival way on the other side of town. I stopped for a few center wharf pics. It was backed up down the Ave all the way home, n alot of time was wasted sitting there.
.
Things just didn't get done today as originally planned, so now the rest of the week, while working again, will be back to double-duty. I'm feeling so fatigued, I kinda have to take it easy, tho am stressed knowing I can't afford to...
.
There's a fan exhausting the air out the backroom window now, to improve indoor air quality, n a sheet of plastic over the door. The mold (poisoning) has been affecting me, so I have to be careful not to spend lots if time in there. Priority is the wall-washing with vinegar which kills mold naturally, to slow it down. The black stuff had been spreading, n darkening both walls all the way over, floor to ceiling on the wall surface. Only the corner has it inside the plaster tho-
.
Some re-packing is getting done today. The old boxes are so dusty, n the mildewed ones need to be tossed before relocating to unaffected areas. I found the old, gold-leaf, bone-china tea cups from France in the dingiest box! Two of the set are chipped- So finally got them bubble-wrapped in a plastic tub. Next will be the small, china, horse statue collection, n the large Breyer model horses collected all thru my childhood (over 50). If I could part with these things, I could get alot of bux. (whenever I get time to devote to the task, that is).
.
My back-room emptying has considerably slowed this week. I'd so rather sort than miss-mash a bigger mess for later. There's quite a bit to go thru in storage already. I feel tired just thinking of all this to do. I'd rather feel relaxed n play with paints n music. I'd rather not dwell on this negative, moldy situation, or even have to deal with it at all! (*rats*)
.
Back to the grindstone...

4 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Wow, that pic reminds me of my street whenever someone throws a party. You can only drive down the middle with just enough room not to scratch the other cars.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Out of curiosity I checked out Breyer houses on eBay, some go for a lot of bux indeed. That's cool. Maybe a nice little retirement fund for you?

I know what you mean about dreading the sorting, I've been slogging through a ton of it with more to go but hopefully it won't last forever.

Off for coffee and bacon now.

xo

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow - it looks like you are right in the middle of things. Too bad you can't charge these folks for parking. :)

I'll bet it was fun to see your old friends the china cups and horses. But I don't envy that task.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, My road is narrow to begin with, n a few larger vehicles had to turn back at the corner!

JanF, I love the stupid things- will cry if I sell them- Some of the best ones unfortunately got broken legs due to toddlers going crazy with them- I used to use them as paint subjects-
I put too much in storage without sorting already- taking up needed space- now running out-
Still have to sort collected Magazines to sell! No time for it-

I live just a couple little blocks from the bandshell/bluffs where all the fun is. I'd like to 've charged the folks who parked across the lawn in a few places, but I was too sleepy at the time!
I'm too fond of these collectables, n they'll pay off, but I want them! I'm pooped of washing this stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home