Friday, August 21, 2009

Bill Me Later

In the Sunday am, Hurricane Bill is greatfully expected to pass well to the east of Chatham n Nantucket on the lower Cape. (btw- I'm on the upper Cape zone). Looks like the Canadian Maritimes will be in for it tho.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2009
We're prepping for the water swells here, n some folks are getting ready for the surfing. Riptides may be a problem for those jumping in. There's usually a few out of place marine critter sightings in advance of large ocean storms also, species following the fleeing food supply.
.
The TV news had a great white shark attacking a seal sighting off Chatham early this am. Their barrier beach has eroded n formed a new island in recent years,(2007 post), (great arial Globe pic), so what a big storm will do to downtown there is unknown. Luckily, they won't find out yet.
.
Folks here will be pulling out some boats n doubling up others mooring ties.
Conditions are definately tropical here this week, with very high humidity n Temps. The water temps are in the 60F's too. Like bath water- I decided it was too low for me to jump in this afternoon early on. I was too busy playing catch-up anyhow.
.
The oppressive humidity has me sweating, feeling crappy, n very achy. The old Rhuemetiz is a settin' in agin- Fog was so thick today, creeping in quickly across the Narrows as I was driving to the market n gas station there. Bad day for laundry but had to do it anyway.
.
Except for the vinegar-wall-washing again, I avoided the backroom work. There's still plenty to do, but the conditions aren't comfortable enough to consider much more exertion.
.
I'm chalking up a non-productive day, n I'll try to deal with it (Well, I do need rest badly-). With Luck, the current Hurricane will be a non-event lost in history's fog also...

6 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Yes - rest Snaggle. That vinegar wall washing will keep. Glad Bill missed you - he left some rain in his wake for the southeast. Or maybe that was Claudette...

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Every time the mold grows I have to wash it, so there aren't more infected walls to tear out!
I'm still trying to figure out how Claudette got ahead of Bill- missed that weather report! (n I always watch it-)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

My sister's house by the river got mold in it once - she and her husband arrived for a weekend and there was mold everywhere. Since then, we have used these Damp Rid buckets. www.damprid.com

I wonder if those would work for you? We have a couple in every room. They absorb moisture and we haven't had the problem again. You just have to empty out the water out of the buckets and fill up the buckets with the the damp rid granules.

I feel for you having to do that - life is exhausting enough without having to wash walls all the time.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks for the tip- this stuff is tough to get rid of. I'll look into it.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I am not a fan of sharks in swimming areas. At all. Always think of Jaws when I'm in the ocean, even way up North. I stay very very close to shore. :)

Hope I'm not heading into a non-productive day here. Nope! Not me, no way. Here is a nice video to help enjoy any day...

http://theboldlife.com/2009/08/did-you-know/

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Sharks usually leave folks alone here, n are just chasing the Bluefin tuna around. Luckily, most like colder water. Thanks, don't had alot of load-video time today tho-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home