Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Bill


.
.
.
The very same evening as Ted, my Uncle Bill, shown to the far left, was also called beyond to the light. He was my hero too. My Mother's eldest brother was a priest for many years, until his mother passed on.
.
He then undertook an extremely brave project. (my Mother just called him crazy.) Bill dropped out of the clergy to get married, n then proceeded to adopt orphaned children from all over the world, who were shunned in their original cultures, or had special needs, or were just in dire need of another chance at life. He made an amazing difference in the lives of sixteen wonderful individuals. Shown in the pic are some of the youngest several years ago.
.
I hadn't seen uncle Bill since another uncle's funeral in Vermont two years ago. He'd been very ill with Parkinson's Disease for many years, which his dad, Bill also suffered with. I hope to see all my cousins, the oldest boy now forty, very soon. I'm still trying to get time off work, n will be crossing the fingers n toes that Little Truck is up to the task. Then all I gotta do is skip another couple days of sleep... Ugh, I thought I was already depressed-
.
God Bless, n Rest, dear Uncle Bill...

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Uncle Bill - what a wonderful man to care and nurture for children that needed him. I am sorry for your loss, Snaggle.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Bill's my hero now too, I'm sure his reward in heaven is great.

Hugs to you, my pal.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger TALON said...

What a remarkable man your Uncle Bill was! And how lucky you were to have him in your life.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Oh how you must hate me for not stopping by sooner.... and then I come here to hear of your sad loss.

Your Uncle Bill had many rewards in life, and has earned a special place in the great beyond for all the work he did here. If only more people followed in his footsteps......

My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. Sending you a years worth of hugs.....

xo~

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, He had a good sense of humor too. Thankyou.

JanF, A few thought his changed path was in error, but he proved them all wrong- Thanks

Talon, money was so tight in his house you could hear it squeek! but that didn't matter to him, just the kids succeeding did. He's such a tough act to follow...

Ellen, I could never be angry with you, ever! I know you don't have alot of time, n everyone takes a blog-break, or change, at times. I appreciate that you've returned! You know, even my Lil Sis won't turn on her machine any more after work- being on it all day long.
Thanks for your condolences, n worry not, I'm your friend forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home