Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Watery Shack


.
.
.
We're finally basting in our own juices here the past two days. (80+F) Of course, they're work days, so I haven't made it back to the water yet. Pic of the reflected Harbor Master's Shack on the pier was taken two weeks ago on the same day as the ripples post. I just think it's great when the water reflection shows better contrast tones than the actual McCoy...
.
One more workday before Day Off, when I'm sending Little Truck to the shop for some maintainence. I'll be hanging about home all day. Hopefully it doesn't rain so I can go walking about toe-dipping n cool off a bit. I finally had some free minutes before work today to get the large-box fan washed. Haven't needed it before yesterday! Now it's in the window pulling out all the hot air from having the house closed up while I was at work.
.
This is the hottest I've been here all year... I'm not complaining- I'm reporting that it's about time! (It's kinda a relief summer heat finally remembered us...)

10 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow! What a shack. Just beautiful with the boats around it and the reflection does make it look like a painting.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Beautiful shot, Snaggle. Glad you're finally getting a taste of summer. We're still waiting and dealing with more storms. Insane!

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, It's got a great view of the harbor from the office, n has public rest rooms. I do love the pier area reflections.

Talon, I can't believe you didn't get this heat! Of course, rain n fog plus humidity is back in time for my free time. I hope your August is good to you-

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I wish I could send some heat up to Talon. We have it to spare!

You make me want to visit the cape. Someday. I'd also like to see Maine and British Columbia and Prince Edward Island.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

Great shot...when I get up in the morning and step outside it is 80+ without the sun being up yet.

our own juices have juices

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Man, I wish summer would forget us for a while! Paige can relate. Actually, it did rain a bit earlier. So now, it's 100 and muggy. Still, I shouldn't complain. This is a fine planet to inhabit. Best one I've found yet, anyway!

Snag, I can see a coffee table book of your photos. You ever consider that? It would be a gorgeous treat. It's not like you've got anythign else to fill your hours with. :)

Great idea of course on the truck maintenance, a stitch in time, eh. Or a stitch before the fabric even rips, I should say.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Man, I hope its relatively cool there for ya.

We're sweltering in the high 80's with muginess.

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, that's one long travel list! I've been to Maine many times- Not Canada n Nova Scotia as an adult yet. Always too busy!

Paige, wow- juices have juices! Great line- n I hate AC too, kills my allergiy eyes.

JanF, You've been roasted to well-crispy in TX! Don't know how you stand it-
If I had time the book would already be designed- which I went to college for- plus I'd add some of my poems. With "money n time"... which is one of the poems, I can even print n bind a copy by myself! If only i didn't need rent money first...
Little Truck needed help before the tranny goes fanny... now just need a tune-up in near future!

G, I suspect our conditions are vastly similar, however the seabreeze can really help! The muggies are doing me in-

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Mostly go from water to A/C down here.

Money n time. Money n time. The story of my life too! All in due time, eh?

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I guess FL is like that too- why I haven't moved there yet- I'm better with cold than heat. (Hate ac on allergies)
Whenever I have money there's no time, n whenever I have time, I'm strapped for cash!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home