Saturday, July 25, 2009

Surfing

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2008
.
.
.
Wish I could've gotten out to fav beach today, because the sunset was pretty, resembling this one from July 2008. The pic shows a kite surfer, n a windsurfer in the foreground. Another pic was better to post at that time, I guess.
.
I wish I'd the money for the gear n time to play out there, it looks fun, but alot of work. There's a wind-surfing club, n guys going out near the bird sanctuary every year.
.
Chores have me too tied up now that we finally got a no-rain afternoon. I slept late, knowing I won't get enough rest again for the next two weeks. Errands were dominated by searching for what's needed for next week's road trip. Now I'll have to finish getting ready before n after work the rest of the week. After the wedding it's right back to another week of work.
.
Maybe after that I'll get another chance to play beach-comber, n wave-hopper. It all depends on the direction n fetch of the winds, the weather, n available time. (So does ESR...)

10 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I like how his wind-surfer sail looks almost like a diaphanous wing. Very pretty.

I'm sure you'll get to play wave hopper yet. Hang in there!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

What a day that will be, when you get to wave hop. I hope it is soon!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

always glad to here your monologues
and we always wonder what happens "stage right" that has you exiting that way...

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope you get the opportunity to spend some time at your favorite beach soon!

I love the soft light in the photo.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Yes, the design is nifty, so it doesn't rip, n holds alot of wind. Thanks, I hope to hop again soon!

Lynn, Yep, lets hope I don't have to wait til I'm too weak to hold the kite-rope...

David, Good question! If I went Stage Left, I might not be back- But Stage Right, is just the right way to do things!

Talon, Thankyou, hopefully I can get in another hot weather swim or two- Some years its doesn't work out that way. Last year got my toes wet alot without the swimming. The pic I used last July from that batch was a dog n owner silhouette in the waves. Thanks

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Love that pic.

When I saw it, the song "Windsurfer" by Roy Orbison immediately kicked in.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Thanks so much- I don't know that tune, I'll hafta go see what it is....

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Looks like he's about to jump the shark!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, there's a small rock-jette near the kite-surfer's path, or you're referring to the silhouette of the wind-surfer's surf board... The only dead shark I've seen a little bit down the shore in that bay was a 6 foot grey nurse shark back in the 70's- right when the movie "Jaws" was out-

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Actually I was referring to the reference to happy days. But thanks for playing. ;)

*poke*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home