Friday, July 24, 2009

Lovely

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2009

.
.
.
A lovely rainy Day Off in progress, but that didn't stop me from taking a few pics in the milder, daylight, sprinkle section. Three days ago, Rain Toad guzzled three inches of water. Before the new storm tonight, The gauge was close to two inches, (as shown below). I'd never imagined getting such frequent use out of the rain meter this summer...
.
Now over-night here comes more water n wind with a risk of coastal flooding due to spring-tides on south facing shores.
.
No beach walk for me today, n not just because of the weather. I'm a bit challenged just trying to walk through the market, n have been moving a bit slower due to a metal item falling from about a four-foot height onto my big toe (again). It's still a lovely shade of purple, n too sore to wiggle. Got a good contusion going, but I think the bone is okay. Staying off my foot isin't an option.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2009
I'm off it now, finally, four days after the fact- n many chores still beckon attention. So many more things await clear weather, too. For now, I'll be sticking to sit down work n slacking, until the required ten hours of heavy-week-end-order-crazy-time on my feet at work tomorrow.
.
Next week, I'll be tied up with getting to a wedding in Rhode Island. I hope the rain lets up for the festivities. Which reminds me, I still need to find shoes, n have no way to tell if sandals will do, or freeze my aching toe!

11 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

hehe, your rain toad is so cute! Sounds like he's had a lot of water to guzzle this summer. We've had more rain this year than last, but it's been a good thing for our garden.

I'm sorry to hear about your toe -- OW! I hope it's feeling better soon.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Do you think you might start wearing steel-toed boots at that place of employ?

Hope you get some shoes that work out. I love wedge heels when I'm not wearing sneakers.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

hi, do you ever use Arnica for bruises like that ? it may help
thaks for your visit to SUgarloaf Mountain

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like rainy days sometimes. I'm glad it didn't stop you from sharing those pics!

I hope you foot is better soon. Tip - I bought some $6 sandals at Target to wear to a wedding. I got so many compliments. Black with a bow across the top - little heel. Fairly comfortable. :)

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I so feel for ya toe. I have broken both biggies and the left one twice.

and we have been greatful for little bits of rain as in --friend #4 I got 30 seconds last night did you? friend #7 No-nothin for us.

Today I'm the winner in the rain pool!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey, just want you to know I set this pic as my laptop background and Texas feels 30 degrees cooler already!

xo

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

So sorry bout your toe, "Pal" said that Ebsin-salt's in hot water is good for that,I say strong meds. lol
Hay got a new clickey thing so maby I can put more pic in my blog..too, wish me luck.. Buddy

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger TALON said...

The rain toad gets to glug this year! I've had about as much rain as I can stand. Time for a little sunshine!

Sorry about your toe! Ouch!

Here's hoping for clear skies for the nuptials!

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ThommaLyn, I think so too- I haven't needed to water deck plants in a long time! Last year it was a daily chore. We've barely had a day without rain all season. it even rained before I went to the beach last week-
Thanks, my toe hopes to wiggle again soon...

JanF, If I thought I could move fast in Steele toes it would be a good idea. My work shoes wear out every month, need a new pair-
I'm trying to decide between old or new- for wedding, but still undecided- prefer sneaks-

David, Not yet, thanks for the suggestion- Never heard of it, may be allergic, Will check it out.

Lynn, I like to sleep on rainy days, but never seem to get to lately. Comfort is of major concern to my sore footsies, or dancing is out of the question-

Paige, Toe says thanks! Sorry your toes know the feeling- It's good to get rain when it's hot- Here it's raining yet again now! At least it waited for me to get home.

JanF, thanks for the 2nd comment- Glad the view out Little Truck's windshield in the driveway could help cool down Texas!

Buddy, Thanks for the advice- I got salts, but need some soaking time. You know I don't like strong meds- Good luck posting new pics soon!

Talon, Rain Toad is so waterlogged, he should've been a frog! Amazing I picked this year to decide I needed a rain meter... My foot will prob have another trying week, Let's hope there's no re-injury anytime soon... Thanks

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Um.... Is that a bong the frog is smoking?

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, as far as I can tell, the RainToad is not stoned...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home