Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shoom

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008


Memorial Day is creeping up on me too fast. I've got a gazillion chores to do in the warmer, dry, daylight, but my free time is so limited I don't know how I'll ever get caught up..
.
I've been working nights for a few years now, but still find I tend not to feel like doing much around the house after it's dark. Most of this is due to not seeing as well in the shadowy, low-light, while trying to keep the electric use as low as possible.
.
Then there's the curious bumble Bees out in the yard who keep chasing me around. I refuse to kill them, n they haven't stung me yet, but I really hate getting interrupted before I'm done with the hand-mowing. The other day I actually finished up the lawn mohawk at 10 pm in the dark (by street lamp).
.
Now that the price of fuel has gone up over $3.75 I'm trying not to drive much. Never mind wasting a gallon to mow- I'm sure my neighbors all thought I was a nut using my handtools, until this year, that is! The truth is, I like the quiet much better than the loud, intrusive motor noise. Besides being way cheaper, I don't mind the exercise like some folks.
.
I finally got the hose turned on to wash-down the pollen off the truck when the rain hasn't. The oak trees, as predicted, are spewing pollen clusters all over this week. The Maples are foliated, but most of the other trees are still in progress. I started on the deck-garden. So many containers to clean out, plant, n re-pot. Most of the little evergreen trees need more root-space. If only I didn't need sleep, to have more daylight hours to do stuff.
.
Today, I slept later than usual, then got alot done before the Preakness horse race glued me to the tube for a few minutes. Big Brown has a shot at the Triple Crown, n seems to run like Secretariat (if you remember him). At least there were no fatalities this run. (I'm glad I missed the Derby).
.
Then I heard Old Senator Ted Kennedy was med-flighted off-Cape to Mass-Gen, but turns out so far he's ok- had a seizure, n will get tests. I had my pic taken with him in DC once, when I was a Girl Scout (group shot). The famous Liberal Democrat has been through the mill in his lifetime, but has also worked like a horse in the governmental process for the common good going on forty years now. Good luck to him. Looks like he'll miss out on the Cape Memorial Day fun this round.
.
I've got a few more chores to do (at 3am) before turning in early, in my dimly lit place here. The spinach still costs only $1.50 (dinner). I hope it keeps me energized for all that's ahead this week.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I don't know what we are going to do now, I can't afford to eat and drive!!!

At least we have sunshine and flowers.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, Guess it's crash diet time! (That's what the "MayDay" post was about)
I'm having more than a slight problem with gas bux myself!
I don't think I'll last until July...

Gotta love the pretty sights-

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Hi kid been a long time and we do have to eat,so my friend I asked "Pal" and and he said that we will find food,after all with all the treets you gave me,it's only fair we give back,Buddy

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, it's tough because I'm trying to not eat the bad for me stuff, which is cheaper. I'm ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home