Wednesday, August 09, 2006

ZZZ

I had a second day off to get some of the gazillion things checked off my 2-Do list, prioritizing with the closing times of businesses for errand-runs. Being awake until dawn after nightfall has it's drawbacks when banking-hour-business needs doing.
...
I'd planned to awaken earlier than my usual n get a running start. But the town messed with my plan to get as much done as possible before work builds upon the list backlog yet again.
...
A loud, large bucket truck with an attached wood-chipper manned by three deaf guys wearing ear-phone protectors parked right in front of my place from 6 am until after 9:30. They proceeded to chop off all the branches hanging over the road, n killing many of the newly sprouted leaf branches near my deck! Now when I look out the window, all I see are the light-colored, sawed-off-circles of the x-branches...
It was so loud, despite the 80 degrees F building up here, I closed the windows n still couldn't fall asleep. I heard years ago when cops said to turn down the music, there's a town noise ordinance stating no loud noise in residential zones except from 9am to 9 pm that we citizens all have to follow or risk police action.
Apparently, town employees are exempt from town Law, due to the heat conditions. It was time to call Town Hall, but it wasn't even open yet!
...
I shouted at them to stop n about having the only hours I have to sleep ruined, but no one could hear a thing I was yelling! I was so tired n ticked off I threw a tizzy-fit for a half-hour to no avail. I just got hotter in the closed-up space, more grouchy, n managed to slam the TV remote down too hard, so it stopped working again. (Usually I attribute it's sudden mal-function to my Dad's ghost), I finally slept from about 10 to noon, n got up as a zombie trying to get my important things done, n grouchy as a bear. "GGgrrrrhhH!"
...
Got the truck's oil change, n while there managed to find an article that ticked me off more in a small local publication. There's no name on it, n I hope it's a crazy joke, but it's written in the style of a news article, n I was tired enough to be pretty irked by it. After getting out of the laundrymat at dusk I finally had something to eat n started losing ambition, so I got in more phone calls n a friend visit,
now I'm toast n half the list is left hangin! ~Yawn~
....
Here it is after 3 am. I'm ready for another nap - with no noise! That Chipper better stay clear at 6 am Weds this time! Thank Goodness it's finally cooled off here to the 60's tonight, better for zzz's.
The local water temps in the water zone of Buzzard's Bay has risen an average of 5 degrees F this week, almost up to the air temp, or what we refer to as "Bath-water" at the beach around here.
...
They're ground-spraying for mosquitos with "Anvil" in Lakeville, Middleboro, Plymouth, n Carver (off-Cape near here) today, because a horse died from Triple E last week. Hopefully it slows down the spread potential, n saves Equine plus Human lives from fatal Sceeter-bites. I'm glad I don't still have to drive through Carver n Plmouth for work anymore, as I was doing until this past June...
They recommend pets stay inside for two days,
(what about people?).
I did get a sceeter-squewer right on the butt-cheek today!
Let's hope the needle wasn't infected...
...
Oh yeah, n after I got home tonight, I tried the remote, n it magically began working again!
...
Now, off for another round of working too hard for peanuts...
while overtired... zzz ...

11 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

hopefully the town was nice to you this morning! theweather is great again today and i hope you get to enjoy some of it before hell beckons.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

what a hassle
i feel your need for sleep and quiet - and HOW dare that skeeter bite you!
Bugger!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, ya was great but was so tired I slept til about 2p n missed all the good part just before the downstairs people arrived again!
Hell both in n at work...

David, I hope you saw the post below n picked up your Award. I haven't had enough sleep for awhile now.
That Sceeter got away too!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I just can't believe the town would allow a chipper truck to start their work at 6 AM. I'll bet the town heard an earful from the locals about that stupid decision. Didn't they even think that there might be babies sleeping, as well as adults?

See, that's why I didn't wake you up when you were resting so comfortably next to me in the lounge chair at my escape vacation!

Hope you were able to catch up on lifes chores, and get some good rest in. I hear the weather up there is wonderful which means the tourists must be out in full force.

Take care.... Labor Day is only weeks away at this point. I still laugh at the memory of the locals lining the bridges waving everyone goodbye that weekend.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, Ya they got alotta nerve with those chipper hours! OT for me again. House is full downstairs.

It stinks when ya can only dream about getting the sleep ya need! lotsa folks are deprived lately!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger X said...

I HATE it when stuff like that happens. It's as if city employees just know when you have a day off! I shake my fist at them!

I hope you've been able to sleep since :)

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

K, It's been a very long week of 2 to 4 hours per day, but tomorrow's lookin up... Thanks! I know you've been burnin the candle on both ends too-

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Gotta love how certain state/federal employers get to work around those laws they expect the rest of us to follow eh?

I've had similar problem with these guys doing remodeling on a spot near my place. I can honestly say they haven't a clue what they're doing, they've been at it for months. I think if they don't finish up soon with all the racket in the morning, they may need to have one of those hammers removed from a certain place. *lol*

Good luck with getting some rest.

Btw, that remotes battery was probably loose. You might want to look under its cover to make sure its making contact the the connectors. Btw, the batteries might also be close to being dead.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, yeah, some crews are complete idiots... (my landlord's work here is a prime example)
I always check the remote's batteries n contacts first. I've had to re-bend the contact spots before.
I've also taken it apart n cleaned the board n buttons several times to bring it back to life. I was thinking I had to again, but it decided to work as I was preparing the spot to dissable it !
(note: I can solder circuit boards)

Lately it also displays the volume control on the screen but won't move until I say "I'm going up!(or down)" then it moves... it's quite bizarre-
That's why I believe it's my dad's ghost trying to be funny...

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Ah a lass than can solder. Sweet! ;)

My remote has goofy spurts too. It's like I'll press the button hear the contacts in the tv click but nothing comes on. I have to do like 6 or 8 times before it works.

Hmmmmm, wonder if mine is haunted too?

Neo shivers

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, there's no need of fearing friendly presences....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home