Thursday, September 29, 2005

ShuweiorhH

The wind's whistlin today! Just got the squall-line of showers promised to dampen my afternoon. At last, after 2 days I got my clean, heavy sleeping bag to dry out, and got it inside in time. Been cleaning the truck-bed out, cause it's gonna be my home on wheels when taking off to Northern NH in Oct, for a wedding.
The landlord finally showed up this am to get the heap of roofing garbage left out of the yard, after I already had to chase it down twice last week, and put it in a tarp. Littering is a pet peeve, I don't tolerate it well at all. Of course he didn't get the smaller stuff on the other side yard. Makes me real happy I'd already cleaned and hand-mowed the yard the day before the messy- worker-guys showed up last week. Ya know, I just can't win!
... I'm not supposed to eat salty food, ... don't tell, but I just had a bag of those fish cheese-crackers last me over a month as treats... Been working hard for days now going through all my old floppy's from the old Win'98 puter, looking for original materials already typed and copy-proofed just cause I don't wanna type out all over again. The ancient paper pile I have is unreal. I'll eventually get through all my old notebooks, and when I really get ambitious, I'll boot-up the 8-meg Mac SE, on that one, when you type in a word, ya gotta wait a few secs to see the word! There's a book in there I definately have to retype in order to get it outta there. Trying to get the stuff onto up-dated format. Of course, it's all for use as copy for other art projects. Then I'm trying to hurry and work out a paint and ink gift for the happy wed folks. If the idea works out well, I want to continue on similar variations of the same idea, no 2 exactly the same of course, now all I need is the frame of mind needed... I'm hoping the party people don't show this week-end... or the schedule will be off. Now I'm off, and running... to get it done.

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

andi used to do internet stuff on that little Mac SE... hard to believe i was that patient...

you might be able to save teh files to rich text format (rtf) and convert it that way.. or upload it to some webspace from the mac and open it up on the pc... that way you don't have to retype it.

our heavy rain wasn't heavy at all.. i was disappointed... in the mood for a thunderstorm... mostly light rain with a burst of moderate rain for about 10 seconds and then to light rain again, and stopped in time for us to play outside for a little bit before we had to leave for amherst

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

The compatable external modem is 14000 bps, I remember waiting about 20 minutes just to get to my inbox...
Never mind how long an upload would take, Ya I'm not that patient anymore... at all!

I converted them once at UMD in '93, but didn't save to floppy, just printed (but after revised) then in '94 UMD changed systems and conversion programs that no longer would work, and R-nym had one on old pc to convert mac, that wouldn't do it either- it's been a long wait! ...

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Hmmmm... Do you remember 300 bps?

If so, damn you'd be old school.

Sweet dreams, and goodnight, i'm heading into beddy by land.

Peace.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home