Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Line Droops

Gotta Love the neighbor's roofing contracters. They were here bright and early Friday morn at 5:20 am with the aluminum ladder outside my window waking me up. It 'd thunder showered earlier in the week, so I guess they were just here quickly checking out if their work held up under the water.
... Or Perhaps they decided to hurry up and leave before I could read the side of the van again, because the telephone cable tensioner on the side of my house, a story up, is now magically unconnected and the line is propped up / off the road on the neighbor's aluminum gutter!
Like, they hit it with the ladder, knocked it down, and booked! It's normally to the side of that gutter. If it were not on it, it'd be less than six feet off the road! I live next to the boat ramp, so many boats on trailers with canopies, poles, and antennea tend to drive by often. Now they're barely getting under. Of course my phone is mal-functioning with noise, and so my online connection keeps getting bumped off. Hopefully Verizon repairs soon, and don't make me pay for this damage... I'm definately gonna write the name down next time. The planks / scaffold still need to come down, so I know thay'll be back.
... Nothing like waiting around for so much online research I need to do. Next, I see if I can stay on long enough to find Lottery Numbers. (I need to win so I can find a more private place to live). only had to log back on a few times to do this today, how inconvenient!

5 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

But if Verizon does repair it, they'll probably come at 5 A.M. too...

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i remember once after a storm that stupid wire fell droppy then too.. but the phone was shitty before then, so we know that's not the problem.

i'll never forget the time when i was on the phone with ginny during a storm and we picked up some other woman's conversation... just cut right into ours.. clear as day as if we were on a conference call with a stranger.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

oh btw mom, christine's link needs to be fixed. it has an extra "http" in the address

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Nettie, you got a point, I posted the times for you on the next post...

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Milk Brain,
thanks for the tip! Think I fixed it now!
Sometimes I have to go back and correct things I just did, can't see the forest for the code source trees! i missed that one... the mind is the first thing to go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home