Thursday, October 01, 2015

What's Missing?

Image by SnaggleTooth 2015

 Two months worth of rain fell in a few hours here, but at least this town is well set-up for water drainage. The dry stretch we had will help the ground soak alot up too. From drought to flood, with no inbetween. Now we're on Hurricane Roulette watch on the East coast. Around the town bays here I notice most boats are still in the water. It was almost 80F out there today for my walk still. I'm sure that won't last long  as we turn the corner into October in New England.

Work threw it's after Summertime, "Tex Mex" BBQ last Saturday. So I started my workweek getting home around dawn the shift before, then not sleeping more than a couple hours n going back early to grab some food to save for after the next marathon workshift. They raffled off giftcards (I didn't get one), n we all got a free T-shirt along with our missed sleep. There were soccer balls n a football. As usual I took candid pics n still need to see how they came out. Card reader Finger-Twister time again.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2015
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2015

 I need to get all the old BBQ pics off the old machine in storage sometime. I want to print some n make posters on a color copier. More time that so often alludes my project list. I'm so good at the ideas n bad at getting it all done in a timely fashion when it's all I can do to get prepared to go back to work again. Of course, now is the first I've even had time to think since my work-week is finally over.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2015


I had another bad tooth pulled on this Day Off, so I'm not speaking today. In preparation for not eating much during recovery throbbing, after work I'd made a bagel dough pizza covered with garden tomato sauce, Mozzarella, onions, n shredded Pepperoni. I can only have cold foods until tomorrow, so I have some bananas, garden cuke salad, jello, n pudding all ready for later if I get hungry. Shopping will be very light this week.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2015
 The new kittens are settling in, playing with the 4-month-old ones, all getting along ok. Tag Team Kitten Soccer matches with little, tin-foil balls have been amazing entertainment, as the older cats let the tiny ones play for five seconds before stealing the ball for another swift chase across the linoleum. So good of them to give the small ones a turn on purpose.

I got to steal several quick peeks at the Lunar Eclipse "Blood Moon" from the back door at work Sunday night. I'd never seen one like that. Glad I got away with it n didn't totally miss out.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2015

Pics are from a beach excursion down the street from here. Close-ups of an upside-down baby Horseshoe crab (deceased), and a broken Whelk shell found by the water there.

6 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Looks like a sea creature mandala. Glad your weather is holding. We sit here counting down until we know if the storm is going to get close or not. Spent most of the last two days putting deck chairs, plants and boats away. Maybe after all this work we will not get hit after all.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's neat that you got to see the blood moon, even if you had to sneak out to do it. Wish you could have gotten one of those gift cards!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Hello dear S.T. I am very far behind in reading blogs and it appears I've missed something important about KITTENS!!!! I must catch up.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love the seashell shots. I'm like you, great at ideas and poor at getting them done. But I think that's pretty typical for creative people. We are having good weather here at the moment, long may it last, it seems to make Autumn and winter a bit shorter!

Shame you didn't get a gift card, maybe next time!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Aw, so glad the older kitties are letting the younger ones play, nice!

Hope your tooth pain heals quickly.

LOVE the "mandala" shaped ones here, like ancient geometry, sacred and special.

Went out to see the moon and lasted 2 mins, I guess it was more interesting in your area than here.

xoxooxoxoxoxo

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I hope you are not flooded there- the news looks pretty horrendous for homeowners in your area! Always better to try n do the work I think. Thanks n best of luck! With power n Internet too!

Lynn, Thanks- it just figures, seems all I get is grief at that place. I'm lucky I had time to look out the door... Hope the Sister's cabin is still in one piece. Prayers for her-

Gran Annie, Need any new kittens? We seem to have a never-ending supply of new ones...

LLcoolJ, Well, are brains are more energetic than our bodies I guess! Yep, I deserve one- but they aren't trying to reward the old giesers I guess.

Jannie, Thanks, still ouchy- Yep, I impressed myself with that effect too! I think it helps to have a party for the moon... I caught different phases. N way more interesting than work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home