Thursday, October 08, 2015

Tough like Duct Tape

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
..........................
  funny Rypo-typo:

"figuruin"- What most people do between September n January over the Holidays, being lazy n over-eating. It ends in January when everyone decides to diet for the New Year.
............................

Hope everyone has a good Columbus Day long week-end. Mine will be full of extra work, n I'm still worn out from last week. 

I'm still working on tracking down my orange bins with last years decs in a box here somewhere. Still need to dig out warmer clothes, hats n mittens to wash. We've only had a handfull of cool days so far, n managed yesterday without the hoodie for errands. Only a handful of leaves, mostly vines are turning color this week. 

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015My list of to-dos is getting longer as the days shorten with less day-light. Not getting anything noisy done all night while I'm awake is really slowing projects down. Moving n sorting thru boxes at night is too loud. Doing laundry is too loud, even cooking n doing dishes is waking up folks. 

 I so want nightly internet, dvd movies, n early am guitar playing back in my life again. I feel like a sound prisoner... n my impulse feeling is to rebel.

I hate being stifled because it reminds me of my entire childhood at home n going to Catholic school. Now I have to be quiet at work n home too. I hate to be told what to do in my only free time.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2015
Can't wait until I'm back in an autonomous situation again.

MB sent me a card she made using duct tape to my new address. Here it is on my table keeping company with some October decs; a battery-power pumpkin lamp n elec candle from dollar tree, an orange seahorse figurine from the Red Rose Tea Nautical collection, n a topaz colored teddy bear charm given to me from a Little One (who's now taller than me) n shares my birthstone month.

7 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

So sorry you have to be quiet like that - I hope you can get out of that situation soon. Love your orange decorations!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

This new move is tough. Is there any way you can change where you live?

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I'v been gone
tho none could tell
I'm glad to see
your posting well

so just scream
if that you need
to heal ones mind
and set you free

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You live like a monk
in the place where you bunk
quiet as a mouse
at night in the house

No singing or guitar
by the light of a star
no cranking of tune
to the night full of moon

i hope you soon find
a place to unwind
a space all your own
that you will call home

oxoxoxoxo





 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks, much smaller decs this year. Still saving up- Moving costs money.

Tabor, Working on that, just hope I can deal with this a little while longer.Thanks

Ellis, I'm glad to see you are
Posting well as well...
N get so deep
into what you can tell
I will scream -

One of these days!

Jannie, Funny enough my uncle is a monk,
N I take after him.
Like quiet
Tho not this much!

Yep I want to strum out
n sing bellowing tunes
but quietly finger-pick practice
Is all I can do...


 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You fingerpick, I only long to.

How I wish I could pick guitar,
ring my strings like a super-picking star
for whoever it is we think we are.

We'd hear pretty waterfalls of beach glass
bouncing off the roof and walls
and shoot up to the stars
if I could pick guitar.....

I am trying to, tho. Fake a song or 3. :)

Cool about your uncle being a monk, quite an endeavor in silence and selflessness.

xooxoxoxoxo

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I learned when a teen by watching an older friend do it every few days. It becomes automatic after awhile. There are a few easy to learn patterns. Getting the fretboard right at the same time, plus singing well at the same time is a challenge, especially if you have stage jitters...
The monks there in Weston Priory (dot org) sing n sell CDs! Good stuff too- Brother Augustine (buddy to my uncle) also used to play finger-picking guitar with me... That's him in all their recordings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home