Thursday, September 03, 2015

Written last Thurs:

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015


Today I spent hours contemplating "library or beach?" - I now realize I can't get both into a Day Off when open library hours are so limited this year, n daylight is so short after I wake up.
I ended up doing neither after my errand run. It wasn't really hot enough to motovate me to jump in the water, n I had no pics or post ready to upload yet anyhow. This week I'm going to work at posting better. 

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015
Most days at this house, folks are scarce running in n out to work n do errands at different times. Apparently I'm out during most of the other folks home hours, which I noticed on my Days Off are late afternoon n early evening. Then the people space is crowded here, up to six other people in this part of the house. When everyone is around, getting in the bathroom is tough. If I get home from work late (Usually all summer), I have to wait for two other folks to shower before they go to work about 4 n before 6am. If I wake up about noon, then I have to wait for another person's shower to get in there. 

Turns out after spending so much time at the old house in the living-room, here I avoid it, because other folks are always watching tv I wouldn't, n nothing I want is in there.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015
My new friend, Hector

I spend alot of energy going back n forth from the kitchen to my room where all my non-perishable food n dishes are.

I'm not leaving my things out due to the few things I did place in common zones, quickly being contemplated by someone else, n re-located. When I only have minutes to get on the way to work, I can't afford to go on a dish-soap, sponge, or pot-holder  hunt for instance... n I'm allergic to their soap- n won't use their things ever. Someone always has to mess with my things- Why can't they leave it alone?

So all my stuff, towels, shampoo, laundry soap all is still stuffed into my room here, n carried out for each use.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015
I've been getting in some garden time, but due to the owner's hospital trips this summer, all her plants need watering, are over-run with weeds, n were neglected to be picked. Now she has no energy to spend on it, so I've been doing some of it- n getting a few beans, summer squash, cukes, n plum tomatoes before they are all wasted. I'd have done more earlier to better keep up had I known she wasn't going to do it. I really don't have time for it all now.

I've been reading Dan Brown's 736 page thriller, "Deception point" n made it to page 501 today. One of the freebees found on the Post Office "take or leave a book" shelf, n a really fun one so far, about a presidential campaign n an arctic  meteorite discovery, containing alot of science n covert ops happenings twisting the plot about. I was pretty impressed with Mr. Brown's "The Threat" awhile back, because I'm not big on politics reading at all, but he's good at making you think about aspects you hadn't known existed, like what goes thru the mind of the guy with "The Button" briefcase following the President everywhere he goes. 

Tonight I was alone at the house for the first time on a Day Off for about an hour! I stopped reading, shut off the big tv always left running, used the bathroom, made food, n played with the now larger kittens. It was a luxury...

Also now I think having kitchen things easy to reach in the kitchen, n bathroom things in the bathroom is a luxury too- Folks in your own home: Consider yourselves lucky!
...................................................................................
Sorry I was MIA last week-
Next week I'll have alot more time, hopefully.

9 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Okay throw rocks at me.
Did you move into a group home or something like that?
I thought you were just moving to a new home not one full of other people
I know this is not my normal post but I seem to be lost.
If you in with a lot of other people is this just a temp place?
I know none of my business. Just noise.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

This sounds like a tough situation...like dorm living at college. Hope that it works out better, but you may need to think about moving again if this gets too strained. Love those photos of animal faces?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Hector is pretty cute! And that question - library or beach? Both good - that would be a difficult choice.

My sister is somewhere around there this weekend - her husband's family live in Gloucester, MA. That's close, right?

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger MunirGhiasuddin said...

Welcome Hector!
Tough question. Both the Library and the Beach will get equal votes.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Hey you! Doesn't sound like you have much personal space. Must be driving you mad.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Hector wants his doggie treat, so his ears usually back are up. I always want to do both- Beach still waiting! Gloucester is on the North shore near New Hampshire, about 90 miles. Today they are roasting there, hottest temp of the year near Beantown! Hope they have fun- Thanks

Munir, He is a good one- Yep, both are always wanted! Thanks

Neo, I just got spoiled on my own for so long, Yep it is very different. Alot of noise unless they aren'y in too- n I'm still up all night...Thanks

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Hector looks like a real cutie.

I'm sure it must be so hard sharing the house with other people, especially when you've been used to your own space.

I think I'd choose the beach over the library. :D

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Agree with Tabor, sounds a bit like dorm life, but you are handling it as best as you can. And will find a quieter place.

Would be good if there were some elderly person might need a person about in the late afternoon, evening. Have dinner with, put them to bed. Be there again in the afternoon. Just thinking our loud. But a person as nice and caring as you, would be a real godsend for the right person.

Sounds like a good book. I think I only ever read Davinci Code of his, maybe a second one, but I forget. These days all I read are tea leaves and a few Internet sites. :)

Wish the tv were off here too.

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoox


 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, He's cute n friendly too- at first there was lots of loud barking until I began giving them treats! So difficult. I should've in hindsight, but wouldn't have read your post- thanks

Jannie, Almost like a commune, but there is no cult... Other folks are driving me nuts with the kitchen n bathroom thing! I usually have to go to work in the afternoon, n but this week I'm trying to rest up for the grind again. I have been getting out daily... Dan Brown also wrote Angels and Demons plus many more bestsellers...

Getting folks to get rid of the tv background noise is almost like pulling out teeth...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home