Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fall Has Arrived

Image by SnaggleTooth fall 2015
 Still this week, it's been warm here.  Finally, it was cool so I closed the window halfway last night. The summer crowds n traffic are gone. I need to sort n move more things before the heater gets turned on, n find the winter laundry soon. In storage there are still things that will get ruined if they freeze.

The garden is winding down fast, n I'll probably spend tonight stewing tomatoes I can't use up fast enough. Probably make more banana muffins too. It took me hours to find all the things needed to do bake those last week. I have so many kitchen things containers That really need cupboards.

It's been tough for me to want to do anything major besides rest after getting back to work from those few vaca days. Orders are a bit lower, but not as low as past Autumns. It's still a relief to get home before 3am most days again.

Image by SnaggleTooth fall 2015
 Having other people around is really distracting, n I keep getting woken up with noise. At night I'm supposed to whisper n be very quiet so they don't wake up tho...  There is also way too much drama going on with "ex"-fights n grown children problems. Then there's further distractions -

My new home is full of surprises...

Currently it seems we are operating a home for wayward kittens...

Image by SnaggleTooth fall 2015
 A local Feral cat has twice decided to have kittens in this yard, n we have custody of another two, newer models. It's only been a couple days n they are still hissing n shy, unless you bring them toys (as I did) which has them playing more n hiding less.

I got some little, fuzzy mice for them, n had both clumsily chasing a string around for a bit. They still don't like to be petted tho- Hopefully they will rehab n be nice pets as the older two have become.

We are talking about trapping the Mom kitty to have her fixed before this happens again. One kitten was found deceased, n there's still another uncaught, small one out back here someplace.

Of course I don't have alot of time to spend daily with them, n really don't want a new cat yet, but wondering If I'll end up with one anyways again...

It's odd synchronicity that my old tortioseshell cat died 8 years ago to the day that they were discovered. The Mom kitty n one kitten are tortoiseshell.  

Back to errands n chores, n playing with new kittens again...

6 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

awww :) they are so cute!

I was offered a kitten today at one of my client's house. jason says no, but I'd love to have another cat! maybe when the shelter does $5 adoptions again next, I can convince jason seeing as they come spayed/neutered, microchipped and current with vaccines.

(It's been a while since we last chatted- I don't think I told you that Caelan died about a month or so ago)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

I'm bad about procrastinating, too. In the fall, I just want to stare out the window at the pretty leaves!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I think kittens gravitate toward you - you are a kind lady. Neighbor noise - how I can relate! Here's what I recommend - a noise machine. I sleep so much better now that I have "white noise" going in my bedroom. It's awesome.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, They are adorable n still learning to move around better. A little friendlier this week- They like kitty treats! Might be easier to get him to agree to that I hope! You did tell me about her- Sorry for that, n it is easier to have a kitten distraction.

Stephanie, The leaves usually will take the next two months to be gone here, n very few are colorful now. I'm an outdoor person, n hate to be cooped up. I read alot to procrastinate... Thanks

Lynn, I think animals can just tell I won't harm them. I'll have to look up that machine. I know having the fan on always helps, but it's getting cool at night here now. Thanks for the idea!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I wear ear plugs at night time when I sleep, it really does help to block out noise from my daughters arriving home at 4.30am and banging around!

Kittens can be a real handful but cute too!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Joe, Hammering today- shaking the place. I can't win! My co-worker is going to give me some of those- Kits are adorable still. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home