Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cut Off

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015


A whole week was just spent wondering if that previously mentioned plant was Sharon's Rose, n I was unable to check it online or go back to correct it...

Well, at least I remembered the first n last letters.

I could've unconsciously been avoiding using the name Sharon, because I once had a dear friend with that name when my kids were young. Several years after the last move 30 years ago we permanently lost touch. I wonder whatever happened to her...

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015
It was a bit upsetting to me she never called me back after I decided I couldn't afford to purchase a water filtration system she was trying to sell...  

Be warned sales personnel, I'm the hardest sell in the book you'll ever encounter. I've turned down so many pitches, including vacuums, cemetary plots, n once told a heat sensor detector guy I'd rather die in the fire than pay $800 dollars for the system he was selling... Never mind it was for an apartment I soon moved from.

I'd rather have copper wire phone service that works when the power is out, than fiber optics you pay electric use for n the squirrels eat every other month, dependability being the point. Right up to the last week in the old house I had to argue with repair guys that I did not want the Fios line...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015
But not having any (already paid for) cell service in my free time is really slowing me down paying bills n keeping in touch. I hate making calls while at the store or in public too. The library here cuts you off all day after your one hour, even if no one else is using the computers. I posted that last week's post with less than 3 minutes to spare, btw- n the one hour is never enough.

The dvd player provided here with the cable won't work after fiddling with it again n again. I want to see my movies n can't do it yet. A long summer without my treasured collection to take comfort with. Star Wars would really be nice to escape re-runs with now... Especially the music. Comfort has totally escaped my life lately. Everything has become very inconvenient. 

I have been feeling very cut-off from everyone n everything I'm used to. Luckily I needed more quiet time to read books, but still- it feels like wasted free time! Also it's very tough being totally quiet after work when I want to unwind n everyone here is asleep. I want to walk around, garden, speak, n sing music, but I have to be stifled to be considerate.

At work I've been aggravated beyond belief recently. I can't believe I haven't quit with all I've had to put up with. These few things are making summer seem way longer to go thru, n there's 3 weeks left to endure n try to get to the beach down the road.

Hope yours is going better than mine-

5 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Oh no Snaggle you do sound down. I'm so sorry your new life sucks. When you've been used to doing your own thing when you like it must be tough to have to be quiet and cut out activities you enjoy. I just pray things will improve in some way.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Aztecs, demons
and ants you show
A cool person with antennas
and a man down below
Things will get back to normal
wherever you go.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I like doing things my own way, n having kitchen things in the kitchen, not in the bedroom. This is tough! Thanks for the prayers!

Ellis, I have used all the ant traps I brought here from the old house too! Carpenter n sugar ants all over the place here...
Where is Normal? Haven't seen that in awhile... Thanks

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I am so glad you turn down sales pitches. It is YOUR choice, and if folks can't handle it, too bad.

I think you should sing at work!!!

xooxoxxo

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, don't think friendships should hinge on sales.... right? Not allowed to be disruptive or speak loud. Once in awhile I sing, but a tough audience there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home