Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Clouds

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 8 2010 .
.
The other day when I thought I might get woken up twenty times, I was wrong...
.
Unbelievably, after falling asleep at about 7 am, I got a call from the landlord at 9am, informing me the roof was getting done that day. Fifteen minutes later the guy was pounding the roof over my head n intermittently using a loud heat gun until fifteen minutes before I had to get up...
.
Image by SnaggleTooth June 8 2010Funny enough, I had a constantly interrupted dream sequence consisting of being in a new, huge apartment building with tons of doors. I left my new apartment, n couldn't find the right door on the way back! I kept knocking on doors n introducing myself to tons of strangers. Each apartment I went to on my quest to figure out how to get back, had pet dogs... Oy! (How strange).
.
I spent the whole time waking up n going back to that same dream when I did get a few minutes to sleep. Bang, bang, bang- guess I turned the sounds into door knocking... Never got back to where I'd started...
.
I was woken up at least 50 times! Then had a long night at work with no break n no lunch... due to machine malfunction issues.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 8 2010 Today was a pop-up storm day, n while thunder could be heard not far away in the spotty cloud towers (Sandwich got them) my area was spared. I slept pretty late to make up for yesterdays debackle.
.
The clouds were nifty shades down at the pier. When I went to fav beach for sunset after errands, clouds were less. Digi-cam ran out of juice, n I got eaten alive by huge swarms of gnats. Some followed me into Little Truck- I opened the windows while going down the road to flush them out of the cab-
You'll see some more pics from my adventures later.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 8 2010If you're interested in some more fun cloud pics, visit my old buddy. Carmi, who's running a Thematic "cloud" photo series this week. (His link has been in my side bar almost forever... well since 2006...) I do like clouds!

11 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Ok, here's what you can do next time. Capture a few dozen bees in a jar.

Take a cup of honey and syrup up on the roof, throw the honey and syrup on the roofer, let the bees loose, and head back to napville after the loud thump of the roofer jumping off the roof.

No charge for the advice. Think of me as Lucy from Peanuts. :)

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Nice of the landlord to give you a fifteen minute notice that the roof was being done.

What. A. Swell. Guy.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Can I admit I did smile at the dream tying into the roof banging? At the very least, at least you won't be woken up one day by drips now that the roof is fixed.

I love the ever changing cloud scapes. Neat!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I only really started noticing clouds about 2 years ago, and they are very very stunning. You captured some amazing ones for us here.

Will you try the 2 dozen bee trick?

Geez -- hope you'll get some good sleep soon.

xxo

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

roes and floes of angil hair
and ise kreem castils in the air...

oxox

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I hate that kind of sleeping. I call it the awake sleep.

well I hope at least the roof won't leak :-)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, even Lucy charged a nickle, n had a disclaimer posted...
I don't often hunt bees, due to the sting allergy- but do have some honey. I might look like a bear slingy honey, too- very grouchy! I could just keep throwing peanuts tho...
I like to think of myself as Snoopy in Joe Cool shades...

G, Yep, n after I'd twice requested a day's ahead notice a short while ago. Ya know, so I could go sleep elsewhere- Y.E.S.

Talon, Of course! I did when I realized what my brain did! I won't assume the leak is done dripping until a few more rainstorms tho- (wasn't the last try). Thanks- I like the color range.

JanF, I think the clouds at the village pier were prettier than the rest of the scenery! Tho bees are in my bonnet for sure- I wouldn't want to be that cruel to them. I'm so lethargic i can't do much around here-
I just want to outlast them til they leave...

BB, N feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way...
I really do like clouds, after all-
Ah ha! you caught a Joni Mitchell-

Paige, except for the dream, it felt like no sleep at all! I was certainly Zombie-like at work too-
Maybe I can move the bucket one of these days- but won't hold my breath- due to the previous in-eptitude!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

yesss, my jannie a big fans of jonie mitchill and i started lieking she muziks too.

and my jannie today listening to metallika, wot i not likes so mutch.

xoxo

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, Must be tough listening to Jannies metal music on those sensitif Eayrs. there's always different music good for different moods tho-
Yesterday I watched Pirates of C III n got the hanging tune stuck in my head- Oy!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I think my comment was eaten by Blogger - I'm certain that I rhapsodized over the beautiful scene depicted. I hope you've caught up on sleep by now.

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, This whole comment page is suddenly missing it's usual formatting! I want the old one back!
Sorry your comment got chewed up- never know when the web'll get really hungry.
Several folks were reporting probs this week-
The power cut out 3 times while I was sleepinf today- messed up puter n Tv , reset channel scans n everything, then did it again!

Thanks for checking in again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home