Thursday, December 28, 2017

Poor Rudolf

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

 "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" used to be my fave Xmas tune growing up. We always sang it with a last line word echo, back-up part. I can always hear Burl Ives singing it from the old cartoon in my head.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

In more recent years "Jingle Bell Rock" became my next favorite that I would sing aloud for fun.


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

At work, one supervisor drives us all nuts whistling "Jingle Bells" every day, all year long. So I changed all the lyrics for a satire about work for laughs. I dare not put it here tho...


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017




Except this part to the second line of the bridge:
"... If Santa Clause worked here, he'd weigh 500 pounds. 
Rudolf would  need big magic to lift, that hefty sleigh up off the ground..." 

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017




Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017
Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

So even there I managed to squeeze in poor Rudolf. I used to get teased alot n identify with that character.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2017

Apparently, in a recent craft kit project young folks were encouraged to mix-up Santa n Rudolf parts in any creative manner they chose. This was on the wall where I spent Xmas Eve.

New Years Eve plus Day Eve will be work for me again! I feel like Rudolf...

11 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Are we seeing that Rudolph decapitated one of the other reindeer? Yikes! LOL

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

You seem to be smart in how to handle the annoyances of things this time of year. May the New Year bring you the best of everything!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger colleen said...

I almost see antlers in photo #4. I've always felt bad for Rudolph and that the teasing was so wrong.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, it looks to me like Rudolf decapped by a reindeer dressed as Santa. Perhaps his evil twin... Yep

Tabor, must laugh at irony n satire, n hope someday I catch a break by not working holidays. Thanks

Colleen, Yep it does, even tho it's really a mirrored mouth! I was harassed by a group of kids for 12 years. Now just once gets folks in trouble. I ended up being friends with most of them the last year at least. Thanks

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I do not like to hear about bullying - so sorry that happened to you. And that's kind of crazy that the man whistles Jingle Bells all year around. :)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, School was tough in the old days. I used to love that song until He did that 2 years in a row! Thanks

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Rudolph with his red nose
was flying DUI
Him and santa had
a few and both flew
with blood shot eyes

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I think so! Ruddy went a huntin'...

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Neo said...

F' Rudolph!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, they never said he was Schitzo in the song!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Serves him right for asking for a raise! Given the technology and advances, we can just clone him until we get a red noses reindeer that does as instructed!

YOU HAD ONE JOB RUDY! ONE JOB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home